• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullrut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    I have someone wanting to trade me a Savage Arms 114 classic (w/ raised cheek piece) in .270. It is a brand new gun, never fired. I am assuming it is blued(will find out tonight). My question is what is this gun worth? What does it cost brand new? Also, if Indiana passes the new case length rule is this a gun that can be modified to accept one of the new wildcats, preferably the 3ooWSM? Thanks in advance for all the help. I am not a gun guru by no means thats why I'm turning to you all. THANKS

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    300 WSM has no current opportunity to become legal for deer season. You might be thinking of a .357" wildcat built on a WSSM case.

Regardless it would be straightforward to convert a Savage in 270 to any WSM or WSSM, but I'm not sure how cost effective. I've broken too many Savages to wrench on one so I cant quote specifics, but it would necessitate both barrel and bolt face changes. Almost certainly feed modifications for the magazine.

Pacnor used to sell the bolt face you would need, and barrels obviously. Not sure about followers and the like.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    You would need a short action to build things properly. You'd need a barrel, magazine, bolt face...

Way more hassle than it is worth on such a nice gun as a Classic. That's Savages "pretty" gun.

If you want to build a PCR legal wildcat gun, get a Stevens 200 in a short mag. $300 and you can recover a bit of that by selling the barrel.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I love my american classic .270 shoots about 1.5-1.75 inches at 100 yards w/ remington corelockts, but w/ the same ammo printed a 6 shot 4 inch group at 500 yards... the gun is a shooter for sure.

fullrut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Just learned that if I wanna shoot the new wildcat based off the 300 wsm I need to nuy a Short Magnum donor gun. Guess this gun won't work for what I need.THANKS

Top Bottom