• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    my kids ages range from 5 to 12....that rascal is a junior size and not very front heavy i don't think, but a cool feature is the end can unscrew and you can put a suppressor on it. I had a 10/22, found it can be picky with magazines(non-stock magazines). Maybe we'll get one of those if they are still decent
    I’ve had the occasional mag issue. But ive had bad mags on multiple guns. Toss the mag and move on. 10/22s rock.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I’ve had the occasional mag issue. But ive had bad mags on multiple guns. Toss the mag and move on. 10/22s rock.
    I do like that it's customizable...I'll see what the gun shop has in stock tomorrow.....after my chargemaster and lee furnace shows up

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Magazines from that website savage factory made or are they aftermarket?
    Believe these are aftermarket. Back when I was doing some research before picking up my Savage 93 17 they came up quite a bit. I haven't needed them, but I believe @Ruger_Ronin purchased some and can speak to the quality, etc.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Aftermarket. Excellent quality and function. I will order more when I get some time behind the rifle this summer.
    ok, I wasn't sure as the website seems vague...I'll look at picking up some soon. I did call savage and they decided to send me a 10 round magazine(my choice between a 5 round and 10 round).

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Believe these are aftermarket. Back when I was doing some research before picking up my Savage 93 17 they came up quite a bit. I haven't needed them, but I believe @Ruger_Ronin purchased some and can speak to the quality, etc.

Ha! That is my post about my 93R that you quoted. I was having a hard time finding that pic again. Thanks!

- Here's what I wrote at the time:

This is my Savage 93 22 mag. The 16" fluted-barrel version. I stole the stock from another savage (17 HMR) to replace the plastic stock.

I have a 50 yard, 5 shot group with the 45 gr Hornady load that measures .375" outside to outside. Easily one of my most accurate 22 mags.

1648148144771.png

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ha! That is my post about my 93R that you quoted. I was having a hard time finding that pic again. Thanks!

- Here's what I wrote at the time:

This is my Savage 93 22 mag. The 16" fluted-barrel version. I stole the stock from another savage (17 HMR) to replace the plastic stock.

I have a 50 yard, 5 shot group with the 45 gr Hornady load that measures .375" outside to outside. Easily one of my most accurate 22 mags.

View attachment 190451

That is a pretty rifle.

And the next post was Ruger_Ronin's about the mags where he stated:

My OEM mag issue was no feed due to nosedives. .17hmrmag.com made that an easy fix. Runs reliable now.

Top Bottom