• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Stock is here as in metal kit from savage. Problem is the wood screws are too small and short. They are what Midway listed for the Boyds stock. Thinking of making a trip to lowes after dinner and coming up with something. Any body have a rough Idea on the size? If I had it to do over I would order the DIP kit and may still do the mag plate from them. Trigger guard from Savages is fine.

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    8 x 1/2 screws found and installed looks good to go! They are stainless so I will paint them flat black some time. Debating on painting the stock and maybe gun camo!

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Scope has been waiting on shipment since Jan 7th hopefully its here this week for a range trip over the weekend.

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Scope arrived today along with some Weave Tactical Rings.

Nikon P-22 2x7 Nikoplex. first impression is that it really clear and have very positive click of the turrets. Looking at a range day for Saturday Morning bright and early. Gonna run by the gun shop and see what if any .22 ammo is in stock, I imagine not much.

IndyS3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Fishers
    Just found my Mark II! Ordered a cheap scope from amazon and picked up 6 boxes of ammo! Going shooting this weekend to see how she does!

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Thanks for being hopeful. Im not looking for anything in bulk. Looking for match grade ammo. And only a couple boxes of each. It is now time to find the load the rifle likes.

Being realistic. THERE IS NO .22LR AMMO AVAILABLE IN ANY GUN SHOP IN THIS STATE!

There is no bulk, or match grade. Its all gone. You'll be lucky to find it on line. I happened to catch the window this morning when an INGO member posted about Cabales having Federal .22 bulk. I ordered 6 boxes of the 325rd boxes, but they were gone minutes after that.

And in the interest of 'give it forward';

As a fellow FV-SR owner, and :ingo:, I'll make you a deal. PM your location/address, and we'll work out how I will give you one of my 50rd boxes of CCI 40gr standard velocity. FV-SRs really like this ammo. ;)

DSCN3592Pw.jpg

50 yds
    ;)

Last edited:

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Being realistic. THERE IS NO .22LR AMMO AVAILABLE IN ANY GUN SHOP IN THIS STATE!

There is no bulk, or match grade. Its all gone. You'll be lucky to find it on line. I happened to catch the window this morning when an INGO member posted about Cabales having Federal .22 bulk. I ordered 6 boxes of the 325rd boxes, but they were gone minutes after that.

And in the interest of 'give it forward';

As a fellow FV-SR owner, and :ingo:, I'll make you a deal. PM your location/address, and we'll work out how I will give you one of my 50rd boxes of CCI 40gr standard velocity. FV-SRs really like this ammo. ;)

DSCN3592Pw.jpg

50 yds
    ;)

No worries, I have a few boxes of CCIs laying around. Just thinking of trying some of the odd balls like Ely , another box of Wolf match extra, and the Fed Gold Metal. Im not .22 ammo broke at this point but new gun means finding its prefered load. Only difference here is I can not talyor a hand load to this rifle so I wanted to try and find a couple other match ammo types to try.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    No worries, I have a few boxes of CCIs laying around. Just thinking of trying some of the odd balls like Ely , another box of Wolf match extra, and the Fed Gold Metal. Im not .22 ammo broke at this point but new gun means finding its prefered load. Only difference here is I can not talyor a hand load to this rifle so I wanted to try and find a couple other match ammo types to try.

The best group I've shot with mine was the federal GM ultra match, but it was $15 for a box 0f 50. Did real well with the Wolf ME. The CCI standard velocity rounds aren't as accurate as those two, but they're close. Plus, its only $3 a box. :D

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    so far CCI Mini mags are the winner. That being said the Ely/Remington Stuff shows potential but only had 10 rounds of it. So far the match grade .22 stuff is obtainable.

Top Bottom