Savage MKll TR .22LR...anybody have one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    Yeah, I like the whole mini sniper rifle vibe it puts out. I just want it to shoot like one. My CZ rifles are tack drivers and they are relatively the same in price. Just wondering if the TR's had the same accuracy.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Yeah, I like the whole mini sniper rifle vibe it puts out. I just want it to shoot like one. My CZ rifles are tack drivers and they are relatively the same in price. Just wondering if the TR's had the same accuracy.

i shot groups @ 100yds with redneckmedics savage a few months ago. ive also done the same with my 452 varmint. the savages groups were not as tight but ive tested various ammos with mine to get these groups. im not sure what testing redneck did with his. i will say groups with his rifle were not as good but they were close. i thing had it been testing like for like (diffrent ammos tried) the groups would have been the same, but as i said he may have done the same testing on his rifle

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Is your CZ all factory or did you do the basic help to its accuracy? Bedding, good scope, and trigger? I'm sure the Savage shoots good, its a Savage after all.

my cz is pretty much factory. i put a nitrex tr2 scope (about 250 after rebate)

and a adjustable sear (70ish shipped)

bedding si somthing ill probably do but im in no hurry. i talked to tom manners a week or so ago and they are gaugeing interst im making the mcst4 and mcst stocks for the 452. if they make a stock for it i will be buying one and ill bed it

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dicks has em for $159 right now with a cheap scope. I'm gettin one and threadin the tip to be a host for a supressor on the way. Damn fine weapon

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I have one and really like it. Had the barrel threaded for my Gemtech. I have a Mueller 4.5X14 scope on it. I only use 5 round mags, 10 rounders ruin the asthetics of the gun.

P1000796.jpg

Were you able to remove the barrel yourself, or did you have to send the gun off. Also, does that stock have any sort of bedding such as aluminum? I want one of these to put my can on, and am trying to justify spending the extra money on this over the 93 bull barrel model that Dicks has on sale. Thanks.

Slade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Evansvile
    Were you able to remove the barrel yourself, or did you have to send the gun off. Also, does that stock have any sort of bedding such as aluminum? I want one of these to put my can on, and am trying to justify spending the extra money on this over the 93 bull barrel model that Dicks has on sale. Thanks.

I had the barrel pulled and threaded by Jeff Corn in Summerville Indiana. He used the end of the barrel to make a thread protector. Very nice job for about $150.00.
    I have not pulled the action to look at the bedding.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I have a MKII BTV and love it. I haven't done a single thing to it except shoot it and seems to be very accurate. Only really mod I have planed is a RimfireTechnologys base.

Takashi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Indy Northside
    I've got a really basic MK II GXP I believe. No, it isn't supercharged, but it's definitely a nice shooter for the price. The benefit of the bull barrel to me is questionable as it shoots extremely tight groups.

I do recommend getting a 5 round clip as the rifle seems a bit awkward to hold with the ten.

rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    MK II FV, Accurized by S&S in Idaho,my competition gun.

SavageMK112.jpg

Scores with CZ, Anschutz which cost alot more, but don't shoot any better than this one.
    SavageMK11.jpg

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side

is that a custom bolt, or bolt handle mod? I like my Savage, i have the Stainless thumbhole stock version too. But the handle on the bolt is small.

Top Bottom