• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm thinking I may want one of these in the future.

64trrsr1.png

Anyone have experience with this model of savage? I want to hear the good, bad, and the ugly!

nfolsom13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    greenfield, IN
    i agree i was just lookin them up on the website and think i want one
    all tho they have o cheaper model at wallmart for around 160$
    but would also like to know if any one owns on!

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I have 2 of them. Both are extremely accurate. One has a 2-7x32 Tasco with Duplex reticle. With that rifle I was able to put two shots into a .410 shotshell at 130 yards. My little brother hit his once.
    The other wears a 3-9x32 BSA with Duplex reticle. I've shot the primer out of .45 acp casings with it at 50 yards.

The trigger is crappy. Period. Side to side play, lots of takeup, but the takeup is very light (ounces). Once you actually get through the takeup, other than the slight side to side play, the trigger is pretty light on them though. What I am getting at is, once you get a feel for the trigger, its no big deal.

Magazines are very tough. Disassembly on the rifle is not too bad. Barrel is free floated, They don't jam very often at all. I sold a 10/22 in favor of the Savage 64. The iron sights are crude but useable. More like BB gun sights really. And don't waste your money on the 64F model with the little crappy scope. Buy the one with standard sights and spend $40 or $50 on a decent scope. The model shown in the picture, I am NOT familiar with, but if it is anything like the standard version, it is worth buying.

Last edited:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Love mine. Have put a couple thousand rounds through it. Very accurate and reliable. Take down for detailed cleaning is a challenge. The iron sights suck but it a perfect rifle for scope use. Extra mags at wally world are cheap. This summer, I plan on trying to tighten up the side-to-side play in the trigger. I see them on the used racks in gunshops for around $100.

Top Bottom