• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    I have seen glocks with fixed white dot sights for around 400$, was wondering if you guys thought its a good price for a new glock?

Everytime I see a glock, its always in the 5's and that is with the regular sights. Havent been in too many shops lately, so I dont know what a stellar price is compared to a meh price.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    2 Weeks ago, Gander Mountain had all gen 3 Glocks in stock for $499, and GM is normally the highest price game around. I've seen gen 2 G22 trade-ins for $299 +shipping and transfer, that would bring them to about $350. Eventually supply will outweigh demand and the price will come down, but right now, average new is about $500 and used isn't far behind.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Nipprdog,

I dont know if it still the case, but uptil about 5 years ago, Glock would offer a department money for their used duty weapons (usually 150 or 200$ on a used p.d. weapon from Glock). Some p.d.'s said "screw you glock, we're gonna offer our officers the opportunity to purchase their current duty weapon or dump them on the secondary market" and actually sold their weapons to gun stores (Pop's bought a bunch of the used ISP guns and a bunch of the 90's Gen 2 Marion County Glock .40, and started selling them to police officers as personal guns and anyone that wanted a used Glock).

Last edited:

Jolfe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Muncie
    HTML:
     have seen glocks with fixed white dot sights for around 400$, was wondering if you guys thought its a good price for a new glock?

Everytime I see a glock, its always in the 5's and that is with the regular sights.

The fixed white dot sights are the regular sights. IMO, if it's a used 3rd gen in good shape, $400 is a very good price. If it's the older 2nd gen, it may be too much.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Good price unless you qualify for a blue label.

I currently dont, atleast at the "gun shop show a badge and Id level", but Ive got plenty friends that do, so I may just end up buying one of theirs for cheap.

Is the "1 year ownership before being allowed to sell via 3rd party" rule still in effect?

Top Bottom