• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I keep my M&P pro 9mm with a weapons mounted light and my Kahr 9mm in a bedside safe. It is a little tight in the safe for both but not to the point of hindering their safe and quick removal. I got my M&P out to compare the TLR-1s light on it with a new flash light I recently purchased and apparently the pistol mounted light was resting on something that caused it to turn on at some point. Glad I found this out this way rather than when I try to look into a bump in the night situation. I'm now changing the battery and then I'll go make sure it sits in a way that doesn't allow it to push on the rocker switch. It will be kind of like making sure the light doesn't stay on in the refrigerator when you shut the door but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    I carried a TLR-1 in my EDC bag and had this happen twice. Waste of batteries! And now I am stuck with the pistol in one hand light in the other option. But yes, at home all guns wear lights of some sort.
    p.s. Like you I am glad I didn't get stuck in the Dark only to find out changing batteries was my only light option. Only makes us more diligent. Thanks for reminding us of the small things that bite!

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    My bedside gun is also an M&P 9mm w/ TLR-1. I store it with chamber empty just because I don't want to fumble a loaded gun in the dark if my cell phone rings, but I make a point of flipping the light on just for a second every night before I climb into bed. That way I can be sure that it's working.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Hmmm. It's just me and my wife, so if someone's lurking around in our house, (which we know literally blindfolded), they'll have the flashlight, and I'm shooting at the light.:D

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Glad you figured out what happened but when you said really scary I thought maybe you found out that Hillary Clinton was stalking you!:laugh:

farva118

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    I also have a TLR-1 for duty carry and I can't tell you how many times i've holstered up with the light still on. Just make sure you have a spare set of batteries lying nearby.

Glad you caught it early!

Top Bottom