• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    At what point do they start forcing us to eat healthy at gun point? Or will that just be another fine. I mean tax. I mean both. Ahh just shut up and do as I say.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    It tasted like vomit in the late 80's, 90's, and into the 00's too... except the pizza. :rockwoot:

At IPS in the 90's you could bring your own lunch or buy a "hot lunch" which was hot "mystery meat" and veggies in a foil tray with chocolate or white milk for $1.something... but if you didn't have a lunch, you got a "cold lunch" which was a cheap cold cut sandwich with cold veggies in a clear tray, and white milk.

At Carmel schools in the mid to late 90's it was a sack lunch if you "forgot your lunch" similar to IPS, cold cut sandwich and plastic baggie of cold veggies and a white milk. I don't recall an official "free lunch" program.

I don't remember what they gave to them at Carmel High School, I always packed a lunch, except on pizza day, and always ate with the same people. The purchased food was still terrible. Glad to see nothing's changed. :):

Last edited:

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Education and food choices are supposed to be left up to the states. The federal government should have NO role. The NEA should be abolished and no more money should be redistributed to the states from the Feds for education. It gives too much control to DC, as if they need any more.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    One would think good and resourceful people like those from Kentucky could send a lunch to school with their children if the school lunch was so bad.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Some wealthier suburban school districts are simply backing out of the National School Lunch Program, though doing so can mean giving up a six-figure annual subsidy for the district

I hear it's awfully difficult to put the needle and the crack pipe down and walk away...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I hear it's awfully difficult to put the needle and the crack pipe down and walk away...

Last I heard, my corn field school was at 40+% free or reduced lunches. I don't know how much the school gets in federal money but I'm sure that even the non free or reduced lunches are as cheap as they are due to subsidy money.

Top Bottom