• ...and so much more!
  • jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    A Newbie here with a 2 part question:

1. I've got a Remington 572 and wanted to get a decent scope for hunting and targets. Would like to stay under a $100. I talked to guys at a couple of gun shows and did some research and was thinking of a Nikon Prostaff 4 x 32. Any suggestions on this selection?

2. My son is getting old enough that he's ready for a 22 that he could keep for years to come. He's not a big fan of the 10/22 and wanted some input on a high quality 22 rifle. He prefers target shooting to hunting but does like taking squirrels when time permits. It's a big tradition in my family to get each generation that first "real 22". Would love to get some input on a good. selection. Thanks.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    If you are just plinking and not doing any real distance or accuracy I wouldn't put any more $ in one than you would at wal-mart. Might even look at the NC-Star line, they are generally considered junk, however they can look pretty cool and will do fine for a low-end .22lr.

I have a WOTAC on mine, but then again I take it out to 300yrds on a precision set up.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've got a Remington 582 that had a Weaver v22a on it. I can't remember which site I found the link but there are several doing the BSA Sweet 22 for around $45. I didn't want to spend much and I think that one will be fine. At 50 yards with the v22a you couldn't see a hole from a 7.62x39. My dad's 10/22 had the exact same Weaver scope as my 582 and it was fine but we never used it at more than probably 30 yards.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    If you are just plinking and not doing any real distance or accuracy I wouldn't put any more $ in one than you would at wal-mart. Might even look at the NC-Star line, they are generally considered junk, however they can look pretty cool and will do fine for a low-end .22lr.

I have a WOTAC on mine, but then again I take it out to 300yrds on a precision set up.

i would not put a nc star on a slingshot. they are the worst scope as far as quality or bang for your buck around.

if you want a quality optic for a decent price id look into a simmons. ive owned alot of scopes from high end to the tasco pronghorn and imo the simmons brand in general is the most bang for your buck on the low end of the chart.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    but then again I take it out to 300yrds on a precision set up.

Pics or it didnt happen :D

and i agree, i wouldnt put an NC star on my plastic nerf gun. i also like the simmons, most notibly the whitetail classic, which might be a bit large of a scope for what you need at up to 18x and a 50mm objective but i trust them. i am also a fan of the nikon prohunter for a budget optic and should run you about 150 or so. the prostaff is a decent option as well and would suit that rifle fine.

Top Bottom