• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Most of these loans have also been forgiven. A quick check in my zip code (47579) shows some interesting data. So glad I could help these poor folks out. :cool:

KOCH DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AKA Holiday World
    Loan Status
    Forgiven as of March 7, 2022
    Loan Amount
    $4,658,590
    Date Approved
    March 13, 2021
    Geeze.......Nice to see every Doctor, Lawyer and Insurance company in Danville took funds. Then I see all my Republican buddies took it, the same ones always talking about the welfare recipients.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Geeze.......Nice to see every Doctor, Lawyer and Insurance company in Danville took funds. Then I see all my Republican buddies took it, the same ones always talking about the welfare recipients.
    Wasn't some of these funds supposed to go to locked out employees?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Wasn't some of these funds supposed to go to locked out employees?
    I don't know how it was suppose to be used.......but I know I see 2 different friends of mine on that list. They both live in multi million dollar homes, and to best of my knowledge, neither one of them have employees or payroll. They classify their employees as sub-contractors. And interesting enough, they are the first to complain about government waste......I will be sure to let them know what hypocrites they are.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    That's a rabbit hole I really didn't need to go down. :facepalm:

A company in my small town, that I've never even heard of, got $10,000,000. When I google it, says it's a paving contractor with 5-9 employees and annual revenue of $500K-$1 million a year. The address references another company that seems to be an electrical contractor. Based on that size loan, they need about 500 employees to qualify for such a loan.

Then about every one of my dad's old fart farmer buddies who are retired and rent/lease out their land seem to be down for about $10-20K each.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    My company got $5.4m, and we never shut down for Covid. Even when Michigan was forcing companies to close, we claimed the Agricultural exemption to stay open even though we only sell lawnmowers and compact tractors.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Of course it's a big gvt. giveaway which contributed to inflation. And, of course, fraud was rampant.

The intention was to allow businesses to keep people employed rather than laying them off. There were penalties and possible non-forgiveness if employees were laid off or wages cut. As usual, the road to hell is paved with good intentions....the intention being: "we, the gvt., is severely hurting your business, so we'll do a little something to offset the damage we have caused." Of course, they didn't limit this program to businesses actually hurt by the gvt. action and there was almost no oversight.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I’m trying to figure out who was right here, those that were principled or those that took the money? At some point you cannot hurt your own business by turning down the giveaways where all your competitor’s get free cash…

I did not take any of the money…
    I don't know that there is a moral position to be had in this. Certainly, if people or businesses took advantage of the situation and obtained money by fraud, I have no issue calling that "wrong". However, if the business was hurt by government action when the government action was purported to be "for the common good", I guess I don't have an issue with a company taking the money that was offered.

I wish there had been no such program and that the gvt. would not have caused the economic damage that it did, but I don't blame a company for honestly using the program, nor would I have any criticism for those who choose not to.

In sum, I blame the government.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I’m trying to figure out who was right here, those that were principled or those that took the money? At some point you cannot hurt your own business by turning down the giveaways where all your competitor’s get free cash…

I did not take any of the money…
    Several of my competitors took money....we did not.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't know that there is a moral position to be had in this. Certainly, if people or businesses took advantage of the situation and obtained money by fraud, I have no issue calling that "wrong". However, if the business was hurt by government action when the government action was purported to be "for the common good", I guess I don't have an issue with a company taking the money that was offered.

I wish there had been no such program and that the gvt. would not have caused the economic damage that it did, but I don't blame a company for honestly using the program, nor would I have any criticism for those who choose not to.

In sum, I blame the government.
    Well said…

Top Bottom