• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddouglas3d

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Hi all, I am looking for a compact 9mm for concealed carry. I currently have a S&W 9 Shield but it's just a bit small for my hand. Also would like one that has more than 8 rounds. What would you all suggest?

Jndturner317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Noblesville
    I recommend going to a range with a decent set of rental guns and trying them out. I’ve switched from Shield to J Frame to P365 to Shield Plus. I also have large hands. The subcompact’s are a compromise for me. I like the size to carry but feel as they are small for my hands. The slides on both the 365 and shields typically do not stay back after the last round due to my large hands hitting the slide release.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Hi all, I am looking for a compact 9mm for concealed carry. I currently have a S&W 9 Shield but it's just a bit small for my hand. Also would like one that has more than 8 rounds. What would you all suggest?
    I have large hands also.
    I suggest the CZ P10C or CZ P10S and use the 15 or 19rd magazines with magazine sleeves.

$325
    $10 shipping

$318
    $20 shipping
    No Sales Tax.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If you like the Shield check out the Shield Plus. Slides, holsters, etc should be compatible for you. Adds a little grip girth and standard mags for it hold 13 and you can get 15 rounders.

I prefer the 365 series for carry. I carry a 365x config (standard slide, XL grip module). Lots of flexibility due to the FCU being the serialized part and you have your pick of grip modules and can swap them at will.

You might also check out the M&P compact 2.0 either the 4" or 3.6" model since you like the Shield.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will check out the P365s but they are a bit pricey. The CZ P10s look pretty good too for the price. Will also look at the S&W Shield plus.

P365X , XL or Macro will serve you very well. Your life is worth more than $800~ or whatever they cost now a day's

wSaFcm4.jpg

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Compact 9mm that holds more than 8 rounds...for concealed carry?
    Recommend a Glock 19 (15 round magazine) or a Glock 26 with a Glock 19 magazine and an X-Grip spacer for a comfortable full-size grip!

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I recommend going to a range with a decent set of rental guns and trying them out. I’ve switched from Shield to J Frame to P365 to Shield Plus. I also have large hands. The subcompact’s are a compromise for me. I like the size to carry but feel as they are small for my hands. The slides on both the 365 and shields typically do not stay back after the last round due to my large hands hitting the slide release.
    I second this. Test fire guns at a range that rents them so you know before you buy whether or not it works for you. Also, go to a local gun store and just window shop. Pick up and hold as many as you are interested in just to see how they feel in your hand. The feel is much more important than how they look in the case.

Jndturner317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Noblesville
    After going through several of the micro compacts I realized that my hands are simply too large for them. I really like the M&P Subcompact which is similar to a Glock 26. The larger grip gives me something to hold onto. It can use any of the 9 mm M&P mags.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    No love for the Springfield Hellcat?

The 365 was a close second for me though.
    The Hellcat is amazing. It beat out many other options and has been my EDC for a few years now. It disappears on me and isn't too small for my hands. It carries as many rounds as much larger pistols.

That said, I've come to realize there isn't much love for Springfield on INGO...

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    The Hellcat is amazing. It beat out many other options and has been my EDC for a few years now. It disappears on me and isn't too small for my hands. It carries as many rounds as much larger pistols.

That said, I've come to realize there isn't much love for Springfield on INGO...
    If I remember correct, I think they voted in favor of limiting yearly gun purchases. I imagine if we look deep enough into any big company, there will be something we don't like.

5point9

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Sep 26, 2022
    Noblesville
    +1 for the Sig Macro. For years I've always carried micro/pocket guns as I am very particular about size and weight of a carry gun. Even the very small guns bothered me all the time. I got the Macro and started carrying it just to try it. Now it's the daily. It's not the smallest gun on the planet but there is something about the shape and how thin it is that makes it very, very easy to carry and conceal. Plus you've got 18 rounds. That's crazy..
    The micro/pockets have been sold.. no longer.

Top Bottom