Secend Amendment Foundation meeting in Chicago.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I am a member of the second amendment foundation. I am at a loss to understand why they would even consider having the Celebration of Freedom in the worst second amendment state in the U.S. and a well as the most dangerous city in Illinois.
    Why award Chicago with our business when they want us in jail. We cant even carry our weapons in this city.
    Maybe there is something I don't know, but I am sure confused.

I have send an email to the Second Amendment Foundation asking this question. I will post the answer when received:dunno:

I know I miss spelled second in the heading, but I cant edit it.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    One would think the Second Amendment Foundation would want to hold their meeting in America.

I will be protesting with my wallet.

TheGunRightsGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Bellevue
    BJones,

[FONT=&quot]Our organization has strived to be on the cutting edge for 40 years.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hopefully, you have been able to attend one of our past GRPC events.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It is our goal to increase areas of our influence and not shrink the battlefield. It is important to fight the battle in all 50 states.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]First, respectfully, we make no apologies about taking the fight directly to the doorstep of the enemies who violate an individual's Second Amendment civil liberties. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I appreciate any and all feedback from all individuals in the gun rights community. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]However, I must politely disagree with you about the efficacy of where the venue of fight should be.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We have a proven formula and an effective track record of going where we are needed. Therefore, we never abandon our brothers and sisters on the front line in Illinois, California, New York and D.C, etc.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Organizations such as Illinois State Rifle Association (ISRA) Illinois State Rifle Association ... have been defending the rights of Illinois residents for a long time and we are proud to have been there by their side.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We look forward to being there again specifically to celebrate the fruit of our legal efforts in Moore v. Madigan which forced Illinois to adopt a right to carry statute.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The "soccer mom's" of the U.S. and especially in venues such as the greater Chicago area are the actual individuals who reliably vote often. Hence, It is a good idea to have our cause represented with accessible outreach and education.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I hope you change your mind and we see you at the GRPC in Chicago.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Best regards[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thomas McKiddie[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Projects Director[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]SAF/CCRKBA[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]425-454-7012[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Past GRPC Events[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2013: Houston, Texas [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2012: Orlando, Florida [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2011: Chicago, Illinois (Celebrating our McDonald v. Chicago Victory)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2010: San Francisco, California[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2009: St. Louis, Missouri[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2008: Phoenix, Arizona[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2007: Cincinnati, Ohio[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2006: Charlotte, North Carolina[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2005: Los Angeles, California[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2004: Washington, D.C.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2003: Houston, Texas[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2002: Phoenix, Arizona[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2001: Cincinnati, Ohio[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2000: Washington, D.C.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1999: St. Louis, Missouri[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1998: Seattle, Washington[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1997: Denver, Colorado[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1996: Washington, D.C.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1995: Dallas, Texas[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1994: San Francisco, California[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1993: Washington, D.C.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1992: Los Angeles, California[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1991: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1990: Phoenix, Arizona[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1989: Atlanta, Georgia[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1988: Dallas, Texas[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1987: Buffalo, New York[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1986: Seattle, Washington[/FONT]

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Where's indiana? .... Just asking
    Just like the Repubs when Obama carried Indiana, "we got that state, no need to visit"! Didn't work out well for the Repubs, and I for one disagree with Mr. McKiddle in defending The choic of Chicago. Let's have a 2nd Amendment celebration where we can't practice the 2nd Amendment, unless we are from there with a permission slip, and then, it's still dicey!?!

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I understand the logic in taking the fight to them but this is a fight where money, not bullets will decide the victor. Funding Chicago politics through tourism and conferences is feeding the beast. Fighting for our brethren in duress shouldn't include backing their opponents financially. Not only that, but to hold it in a crime rampant city that most attendees won't be able to legally carry for protection at an event that's going to raise some hackles seems like pouring gasoline on ones-self before starting the grill up for dinner.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Can you imagine the responses on INGO if the NRA decided to have its Annual Meeting in Chicago?

There would be 17,234 threads on INGO! Bromide after bromide after bromide, but when SAF does it we have . . . crickets. Ahhh, the SAF INGO crickets.

Our organization has strived to be on the cutting edge for 40 years.

You have litigated against INGO members.

It is our goal to increase areas of our influence and not shrink the battlefield.

Alan, did you even pretend to research Chicago gun laws? You know we cannot carry there.

Where is the respect for the civil rights of your own members?

First, respectfully, we make no apologies about taking the fight directly to the doorstep of the enemies who violate an individual's Second Amendment civil liberties.

Lots of cool places to have your pow wow, just over the state line in Indiana, 25 minutes from the Loop where everyone from all over the world can carry . . . but the breakfast buffet at the O'Hare Hyatt is killer AND the wives cannot do the boat tour while the pow wow is in full swing.

Organizations such as Illinois State Rifle Association (ISRA) Illinois State Rifle Association ... have been defending the rights of Illinois residents for a long time and we are proud to have been there by their side.

Refresh my memory, Alan, where is the flagpole for the ISRA? Is it still in Chicago? Oh, wait, right, it's not in Chicago at all!

ISRA flagpole is far, far from Chicago: Chatsworth, Illinois - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The "soccer mom's" of the U.S. and especially in venues such as the greater Chicago area are the actual individuals who reliably vote often. Hence, It is a good idea to have our cause represented with accessible outreach and education.

Just how many soccer moms do you think hang out at the O'Hare Hyatt? Who is telling you that they do? You need to fire this person.

Remember, INGO, SAF places your rights second to soccer moms and their soy lattes.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Maybe next year SAF will hold their annual event in...London? Vienna? Grand Caymans??

It will be some place with a UBC to reflect the anti-Liberty values of SAF.

Hey, why doesn't one of the INGO cricketboys ask SAF why "they hate Liberty"?

Heck, I'll do it myself. Alan, why do you hate Liberty?

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    As long as Chicago is anti-freedom, and anti-gun, I won't go there. Especially to a Second Amendment convention. YMMV:twocents:

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. Want to hold it in IL? Try Springfield (or Peoria, Bloomington, Champaign, etc). I hear its nice this time of year, and more centrally located if you are concerned about state inclusion.

Otherwise, yep. Go to Merrillville, Hammond, etc. where you are close enough to thumb your nose at Chicago, while still being free.

Methinks somebody in the organization staff at 2AF either has a hard-on for the bright lights and dazzle of the big city, no matter how bad it is for the cause, or they are downright STUPID.

2AF having a meeting in Chicago is like A militant vegan convention holding a meeting in a steakhouse simply because they have a killer banquet facility. Makes no sense at all. Lemme guess? Next year its in DC? Idiots.

The stupid, it burns.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've never heard of this organization. I'm not sure what kind of "fight" is taking place during a celebration, but I doubt if there are many prospective converts in attendance. I would have to agree that it doesn't make much sense to take dollars to a city where the membership is not appreciated. Heck, they've been to D.C., four times and Virginia has been snubbed.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've never heard of this organization. I'm not sure what kind of "fight" is taking place during a celebration, but I doubt if there are many prospective converts in attendance. I would have to agree that it doesn't make much sense to take dollars to a city where the membership is not appreciated. Heck, they've been to D.C., four times and Virginia has been snubbed.
    well in Chicago, it won't be a gunfight, well maybe a one sided one!

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    As long as Chicago is anti-freedom, and anti-gun, I won't go there. Especially to a Second Amendment convention. YMMV:twocents:

I agree. Chicago will never get a visit from me or my dollars. I am not sure I will continue to support the SAF. It makes no sense to enrich a city that does not embrace our cause.

Top Bottom