• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I have the day off from work, so I went down to [STRIKE]Pop's Guns[/STRIKE] Family Indoor Shooting Range and shot my Springfield XD Service 9MM for the second time (first gun). I had problems hitting the target the first time I was out, but I think I did a little better this time.

I'm left handed & right eye dominant. The target on the left was done left handed and left eyed, the one on the right was right handed and right eyed. I think I had 10 rounds in each magazine, so I feel like the left handed one was better in terms of consistent shot placement. I think I had 10 rounds in each magazine for these targets, if there's less on the target than that just means I still don't aim well :ar15:
    esj2j4.jpg

And then for this one, both were shot left handed and left eyed, but the target on the left was shot from a little further away than the one on the right. There's a few "wild" shots on the left target, but there's still that grouping low and to the right. Pretty sure there were 15 rounds in each magazine for these.
    2reoa4o.jpg

So I'm happy with the results. Two weeks ago I barely hit the targets, but I was doing much better today. Maybe the little bit of dry firing I did helped? I had several "wild" shots that missed the targets when I first started shooting, but as I calmed down and got more comfortable things started hitting the targets more often. According to this diagram I am either jerking or "squeezing fingers while applying trigger pressure"... maybe. I think I need to pull straight back

I've read a lot of "bad" stuff about Pop's here, but it wasn't that bad to me. A little pricey, sure, but I didn't want to drive to Atterbury and shoot in the flurries!

Top Bottom