• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Look for the Indiana State Rifle & Pistol Assocation tent/booth by the shotgun range September 21-23 at Fort Benjamin Harrison.

We look forward to seeing our members and meeting new members.:D Stop in and learn more about the ISRPA.

Thanks in advance to the Indiana Department of Natural Resources. They do a fantastic job with this and we are delighted to return!

If you have not been, take the whole family, but wear comfortable shoes.:D

DNR: The Ford Hoosier Outdoor Experience

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Kirk:

The family is planning on going tomorrow.

Any knowledge on whether carrying at the Major General Emmet J. Bean Federal center Parking lot (the only place to park, according to DNR) is allowed?

My reading of US Title 18 section 930 and the handgunlaw.us information on the law would seem to indicate that if the lot isn't posted, possession of a "dangerous weapon" is permitted, but if posted, it is not.

From Google street view, it doesn't appear that the lot was posted at the time the images were taken, but I know they could be years old.

Better yet, does anyone out there know of anywhere nearby that I could park and catch the shuttles? This is assuming of course, that TSA won't be there to wand you as you board the "shuttle".

Any info would be appreciated.

Last edited:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Mar 13, 2008
    Lex - Fort Ben is now a state park and state park carry is legal. I'm not sure about parking... there is lots of parking in the park... look for Otis Ave and Hess Ct on google maps. Satellite view shows where people were parking last year.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Good times! The family will be there Sunday, helping out our son's BSA Troop 309.

Top Bottom