• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I just completed my NRA beginner course and I am looking to buy my first handgun. I was very comfortable shooting the ruger mk4 target pistols for our range time but when I shot larger calibers I just couldn't stop anticipating and flinching. I would really like to buy a 22 and get totally comfortable with it before I move up to a larger bore gun. I want the gun to feel like a full size full size gun so when I do move up to a larger caliber it won't be a very big deal as I am already used to the gun.

From my searching so far I found that Sig 220 and the M&P if bought in centerfire calibers can be retrofitted with 22 barrels and mags. Can you guys tell me of what other semi autos can be converted to shoot 22LR?

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    As mentioned the 1911 can be but suggest using a GSG 1911-22 instead. Economical and designed around that 22 round with no fitting required for a conversion barrel.

Glocks have a conversion from Advantage Arms. Also available are 9mm barrels that retro into 40cal slides.

upchurch67

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    EAA has a Witness combo kit that comes in either 9mm and .22 or .45 and .22. It includes, slide/barrel and magazines.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The CZ 75B also has a conversion kit available.

And I'm pretty sure that either the Sig 229 or the 226 does as well.

I've not seen a M&P conversion, but there is a dedicated .22LR version available.

And probably the easiest to find would be for a Glock. There are a few makers of .22LR conversions for them.

-J-

UKWildcats45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    CZ 75 has the Kadet kit (about $300) that replaces the slide of the CZ 75 (and a few other models).

With the Kadet slide installed the weight is minumally changed -- really can not tell the difference.

Shoots great -- Highly recommended.

EAA (CZ Clone/Copy/etc) has a kit that you get both slide assemblies -- Great price -- No experience with it but I would consider if I already did not have the CZ Kadet.

UK

Top Bottom