• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Also had the opportunity to shoot an original Semmerling a couple of days ago.
    Very unique pistol made in the early 80s. Google says that approx. 600 were made for the US Army and special agencies. The one I shot had a serial number below twelve.
    The semmerling is a single shot, double action only .45 acp pistol that has a 4 round magazine that the shooter has to manually operate the slide after each shot. You pull the slide forward from the breech face then pull to the rear. This action chambers a round and if the gun has a spent case in the chamber, it will also eject the empty case. The foregoing has to be done after each shot. The gun is only 1 inch wide with a two inch barrel and weighs 20 oz. loaded. The gun is made of S7 tool steel and was magnafluxed two different times during manufacture.
    The American Derringer Corp bought the original dies and tooling and is still making the pistol on a special order basis only.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I have shot a couple of them, we had several in our shop over the years. I know American Derringer owns the rights but I have never seen a gun from them. here it is compared to a Detonics Combat Master

DetonicsCombatMaster-SemmerlingLM4comparisonchart-1.jpg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Thanks for posting the pictures. I'm not sure, but didn't Detonics and Semmerling cross paths somewhere in some design features?

Top Bottom