• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I've watched a couple episodes after seeing the previews talking about "one of the few people left that can machine a gun from a solid piece of steel".

1. Really? I call BS.
    2. I haven't seen them do anything close. I saw bits and pieces of them making the Punt Gun, and they used pipe for the barrel, WTF?
    3. Way over-hyped, not a show for "gun guys"
    4. Paige is ok, a little scrawny though.

Shroom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    Middletown, IN
    First of all, Paige isn't that hot. I would not watch it just because of her. I watched the first season, and I'm out. The one gunsmith, John, the Jack Black look-alike, never knows what he's doing. He always has to ask someone for help. Their custom work is WAAAAAAAAY too expensive, his son looks like a hoodlum, sagging pants and long hair and a cocked hat. Who would buy from them?

This show is ridiculous. Clearly scripted.

I know there are people who hate Sons of Guns out there. I almost bought something from Red Jacket, but their customer service sucked. Then they fired a bunch of people, and I got an email apologizing. They hired on a bunch of people to help them out. I think they'll make a comeback. They had an "F" rating from the BBB. I hope they can overcome that. Nice bunch of people, just got overwhelmed. I wished them the best of luck, and I'd try again later.

But seriously, American Guns sucks.

Wow. They may be overpriced and the gunsmith on the show may not know what to do but glad you don't judge people for what they look like or how they dress. I'm sure that "hoodlum" has a felony and causes all kind of trouble right?

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    First off Sig, I like your signature quotes.:): Especially the last one about SHTF!:laugh:

And even though Paige looks pretty good, these reality shows are as far from reality as the regular dramas are. And Red Jacket would be a good show if it was about guns and not all the drama with the employees.

All the "reality" shows should stick to their roots. Remember when they actually built choppers on Orange County Choppers?:rolleyes:

Exactly. The producers get a hold of it. and destroy the company to boost the ratings, while us folks who are actually interested in the show quit watching because it got too ridiculous.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Wow. They may be overpriced and the gunsmith on the show may not know what to do but glad you don't judge people for what they look like or how they dress. I'm sure that "hoodlum" has a felony and causes all kind of trouble right?

I imagine so, yes.:):

Presentation is everything in retail. He dresses like that and therefor looks unprofessional. Paige, too, with her belly showing. Not the kind of folks I want to sell me a gun.

That's just my :twocents:, but you do what you do. I prefer to deal with a little more professionalism. If you can't handle that, I'm sorry.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Also, I saw an episode where Renee and Paige did a shoot for the firefighters. Renee took out an AR-15 SBR, and told them that it was illegal for any of them to own one. Said it was illegal. I call masculine bovine feces on that one.

Either Gunsmoke employees are clueless about guns, or the producers are filming an anti gun show. Maybe a little of both? 30/70.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    :DPaige has a neck like a giraffe LOL

Is this who you're talking about? I found this googling "American Guns Paige". Must be it. :laugh:

tO1Az.jpg

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Also, I saw an episode where Renee and Paige did a shoot for the firefighters. Renee took out an AR-15 SBR, and told them that it was illegal for any of them to own one. Said it was illegal. I call masculine bovine feces on that one.

Either Gunsmoke employees are clueless about guns, or the producers are filming an anti gun show. Maybe a little of both? 30/70.

Depending on the state it could be (don't remember what state they're in), just like SBS's are illegal to possess in Indiana

nomadicmutt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012

I have firsthand knowledge of how reality shows work (background: I'm currently the lead videographer for the show "Ultimate Outdoors with Eddie Brochin") and I'm gonna lean towards incompetent scriptwriting pushed through by ignorant producers. If the producers really wanted to make an anti-gun show, they wouldn't be shy or sneaky about it.

The whole industry is pretty heavily liberal, anti-gun feminazi among the higher-ups, and they think the world agrees with them (despite the fact that the average grip or electrician on a film set is a through-and-through republican). Being subtle probably wouldn't enter their heads.

Also, they'd be way more concerned with the fact that their name will be forever attached to a "gun show". More than they care about being a liberal, they care about themselves and their image, typically.

... Note: this post is NOT specifically referring to Eddie Brochin. I'm more talking about the big industry heads elsewhere.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    They are in CO. In thefirefighters shoot she said the owner "let them have it" for the shoot. In the newest one they said they are not a class III.

Hello ATF.....

(the SBR owner could have been there, but they made it sound like "here's the gun, see you later")

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    So I was watching American Guns last night and I almost fell out of bed when I saw those boneheads see another bonehead a Mossberg .223 and a S&W Governor for 8,000 smackers. Even with the trigger job and smoothing of the bolt on the rifle, come on really 8,000. Retail the rifle and gun was maybe 1,600 and the boneheads paid the rest of the money for them to do the customizing. WOW idiots are everywhere. To top it off they go out to shoot the guns and the guy that bought the gun was left handed and if I paid 8,000 for a set of custom guns I would expect it to be a lefty shooting gun.
    Word! Not only that, but the idiots that work in their "gunsmith" shop? I have been a CNC machinist for twenty years, both mills and Swiss lathe, and I have never seen some guy try to use a drill press with a big-assed drill on it to drill out that mortar cup. Why did they not just write a quick circle clear program, in some aluminum/steel scrap pieces, and lock it in a vise in their Haas?
    I am beginning to think they are just trying to make that show "over the top" with all the antics. Most of the time they don't do too bad, but this last one was irritating me with the stupid crap going on.

Top Bottom