Shadow Systems Range Outings (MR920, MR920L, DR920)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acd1010

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Coatesville
    I will start by saying I am no shooting expert and have never really written a post like this. If this should be somewhere else I am sure someone will let me know. I took some notes with first shots with my Shadow Systems handguns. All shooting was done at Deer Creek Shooting Range in Putnamville. These were all brand new guns when I took them to the range for the 200 round break-in. Here is what I found.

DR920
    8/7/21 - 323 rounds
    204 rounds Speer lawman 124 gr - no issues
    17 rounds grind hard 115gr with one failure to cycle. Round ejected properly, but new round did not cycle in. Round was put in a fresh mag and had no issue.
    34 rounds black dot 115gr no issues
    17 rounds freedom munitions 124gr reman with - no issues
    17 rounds target sport branded 125gr - no issues (I believed this is S&B under the target sports name)
    34 rounds Buffalo company 115gr - no issues

MR920 (War Poet Model)
    8/142021- 330 rounds
    225 rounds of 124 federal American eagle (last round slide didn’t lock back 3 times, 1 failure to feed)
    15 rounds Buffalo cartridge company 115gr (very accurate, no issues)
    15 fort Scott ammo (last round slide didn’t lock back)
    15 Black Dot 115gr ammo (slide didn’t lock back - dirty ammo)
    15 grind hard 115gr (last round slide didn’t lock back)
    15 federal training 115gr no issues
    15 target sport 124gr no issues
    15 freedom 124gr reman (last round slide didn’t lock back)

MR920L
    9/12/21 - 277 total rounds
    30 Rounds of Lawman 124gr no issues
    120 rounds of S&B 124gr no issues
    45 rounds Grind Hard 115gr no issues
    7 rounds Speer Gold Dot 124gr no issues
    15 rounds Belom 124gr no issues
    15 rounds Tul Ammo 115gr steel no issues
    15 rounds Freedom Munitions 124gr Reman no issues
    15 rounds Buffalo Cart Comp 115 gr no issue
    15 rounds black dot ammunition 115gr no issues
    15 rounds Federal training ammo 115gr no issues

I am pretty impressed with each of these guns. I run the middle back strap which is like an M&P or CZ grip angle. Both the DR920 and MR920 (War Poet) had Trijicon RMRs on them for all rounds shot. The DR920 also had a Surefire x-300 mounted to it. Overall I would recommend these guns. I am not a gun reviewer, competition shooter, or professional of any kind. I like to shoot. I try all sorts of ammo out to make sure my guns will eat most anything and try to find out what they don't like. I hope you find this helpful.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have a DR920, I have out about 300 rds through but only a couple of different brands, I have not experienced any malfunctions. so far I have installed a Taran tactical spring kit and I like it so far. the I use the 1911 angle grip insert and I like it quite a bit, the DR920 is now my edc and I have found it to be very lightweight. for the money SS is hard to beat in my opinion. the only thing I don't like is not all trigger parts for Glock work with the DR920, overall I'm happy with my DR920.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    On one of them listed you say, "very accurate". Can you define that?

On the War Poet model where the slide is not locking back, is there something different about that one that could be causing this? Does it have an extended slide stop lever?

Thanks for the review I am currently considering these guns.

acd1010

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Coatesville

On the War Poet model where the slide is not locking back, is there something different about that one that could be causing this? Does it have an extended slide stop lever?

Each of these guns are much more capable than my skills with it comes to accuracy. I can hit paper with the best of them and a good bit of the time I can hit what I aim at, but I am fully confident these will hit what you aim at if your aim is better than mine. As far as the slide locking back for the last round I am not sure if was a me issue or a gun issue. I was running all Magpul mags which is what the gun ships with. I shot quite a bit in a short time frame. If I have the issue again I will post it in this thread.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville

they have a low profile slide stop.

Top Bottom