• ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    You should check them out.

Made in Ohio and are excellent custom knives for the money.

A couple years ago I bought my first one. It was an 8" fighter tanto. I EDCed it for a while until I ddecided it was just a bit to heavy but found it made an exceptional garden tool. Now after a couple years being beaten and abused, digging in the dirt and even used to split a few bricks to size for our barrier for our garden. Its seen better days. But it's still sharp and has never cracked or broken the tip off. The only thing is the finish is almost gone and it is starting to rust a bit.

Anyway about a month ago I decided I would like to replace it with something I would EDC. I ended up getting two new ones. A Street fighter Karambit model since I have recently caught the Karambit bug and a good one is hard to find for a decent price. I know I am about a year behind on the Karambit craze but I just now got the urge to get one. And I'm glad I got it because it is very cool. Probably not an EDC item but still a cool piece of steel. For only about $120.00 it is hard to say there is a better custom made to order Karambit out there for that price.

The one I got to EDC is a Shadow hunter with a spear point blade. I am really liking it so far. The handle needs to be cord wrapped but I will take care of that this weekend. Other than that I am very happy with both of them.

Finish on both my new knives is MUCH better on the first one I got and the grinds on the blade are noticeably more consistent and even. Not that the first one was bad, its just nice to see how much they are improving and so quickly. For a made to order custom knife $70.00 gets you a lot of knife from Shadow Tech.

So if this is the first you are hearing of them check them out. I don't think you will be disappointed. John Benson is the owner's name and seems like a super nice guy from my emails and short phone conversations with him.

Give them a look. I will post pics of my latest pick ups this evening when I get home.

Home Page

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    We have a couple of NIB Shadowtechs that I'm willing to let go at cost +tax if anyone is interested. Great knives, we are just moving in a different direction. I have a Karambit as well :)

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    You really do get a lot of knife for your money with them. They are pretty beefy and take a lot of abuse. My Talon B is the knife I take with me if I want a good self defense option. It's stout and sharp. I've talked to John at several gun shows and he is a really nice guy and def doesn't mind taking the time to talk to you. I agree they seem to improve in quality every time I stop by and look at them.

Last edited:

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I picked up a Talon A shortly after John opened shop. I thought it was as close as you could/can get to an indestructible knife. It has a definite heavy presence. That's not all bad, it's just a heavy knife and not one I would consider an EDC. It is in the "crash bag". I really like his sharpened spine designs but it's hard to replace an indestructible blade, if you know what I mean.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    003_zps95c1ac40.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Pics added. I just did a simple single wrap on the handles. They are thick enough that a single wrap makes them almost perfect in hand feel. I re-did the Karambit a few times, I originally wrapped the whole but It made it hard to get my finger in the loop so I unwrapped it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've handled them at past 1500s.

They're big, heavy, and ugly. Just like me.

I'm sure they "work" - they just don't "do it" for my tastes.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've handled them at past 1500s.

They're big, heavy, and ugly. Just like me.

I'm sure they "work" - they just don't "do it" for my tastes.

Different strokes for different folks. If I had the money I would EDC a custom Busse but I don't.

They are great beater knives and for the money they do what they are made to very well. They aren't a Busse but for 70 bucks I'll beat the crap out of it and not worry.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The fit / finish on them has definitely improved over the last few years. The first time I saw their booth at the 1500, they were pretty hinky looking. Now they seem to be done much better.

Top Bottom