• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    And failure to sign would result in...? I read through the bills but couldn't find any sort of repercussions. Maybe I just missed it?

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    This sort of law would be a great thing to have in principle. In practice, NFA trust creation does a complete end-run around the tyrants and hold-outs.

For now.... If the ATF 41P regulations go into effect, there will be CLEO sign-off for ALL transfers, trust or not.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The one for the secret decoder ring that came in your cereal.

USC, of course. Looking in the text of th NFA, I'm not seeing any language saying that they have to do it, just that it needs to happen.

CLEO sign-off is not in the United States Code (the actual law). CLEO sign-off is in the CFR (Code of Federal Regulations). It says that a "Certificate of the local police chief, sheriff..... shall be completed on each copy of the form."

This does not mean "shall" toward the LEO, as in they must do it. The shall is directed toward the applicant meaning that this "shall" be done for the form to be acceptable to the ATF. The "shall" has nothing to do with compelling the LEO to sign anything.

Top Bottom