• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Let's see the projects your working on during these rainy spring days...

I'm fixing an issue with the compression release on my riding mower...

dscn2949.jpg

dscn2950u.jpg

It won't cant overcome the compression stroke on start up so it wont turn over. Turned out to be a piece of grit in the channel of pin that controls the compression release mechanism.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    No pics of mine as of yet (mostly because I want to fab a dash panel and I'm not sure how I want to do it) but I've spent some time the last week and a half putting new vinyl on the seats of one of our campground golf carts and doing a bed liner "paint job". Going to be finishing some minor things (blacking out the wheels, possibly new lights) before working on the dash (marine cd/cd-w/mp3 player and at least a pair of 6.5s will be part of this project). Some time this summer there will be either 500# rear springs (was a golf bag toter that now has a backseat) or a 3-4" lift and some more aggressive tires and new rims.

I wanted to put a 440 snowmobile engine in it but that was a no go as it would end in at least one death and a golf cart accident would be an embarrassing way to go out.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Here ya go:
    Lowerassembly.jpg

I still have the upper parts kit from DPMS, the lower is almost all Ardell Engineering, But I know that I will eventually put on an A2 stock. Its the first AR15 build I've ever done.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Clean & straighten the back garage. (as opposed to the front garage)

Of course, I've been intending to do this for a few months now.

-J-

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    finish building my gun cart (for cowboy action) and some leather work.....

I'd like to pick up a pair of .357s and give cowboy action a try some time. Bought my lever gun off of a guy that gave me an invite. For some reason cowboy action just looks like a good time.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    No pics, but:
    - I just finished re-gearing the rear axle on my Jeep. Other than what appears to be a small leak at the pinion (I think the seal got nicked), it went pretty well. Never set up a ring and pinion before, so it was "fun".
    - Next up is rebuilding the spare engine. It's torn down on the stand, and ready for a trip to the machine shop. I've never done a full rebuild, just top-end stuff (heads, cam, etc...).

My "sunny day" project list is much longer, thanks to all the rain-outs! The deck needs completely re-done (it is a splintery mess, and my baby girl wants out!), the house has some rotten trim that needs replaced, and my irrigation system needs reworked (for when this rain finally stops).

I still want to set up a "reloading area" in my garage, and pick up a tumbler and some other tools. That keeps getting bumped for other projects, since I can just go buy ammo.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I have plans at some point to finish wiring phone and ethernet to my downstairs bedrooms, or at least two of them. I also want to build a little patch panel for swapping connections around between my block of computers, my wife's block of computers, and the primary and backup internet connections. I'm tired of her stealing my bandwidth when I'm trying to raid in World of Warcraft :D

But like eldirector, my sunny day list is ten times longer. I need to rent a stump grinder, plant some trees, relocate some others, build a .22 backstop, and so forth.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I'm tired of her stealing my bandwidth when I'm trying to raid in World of Warcraft :D

I had to kick that habit when my son was born, otherwise I'd never have enough time in the day. I wasn't even a "serious player" I mostly PVP'd and did Tier 1&2, tier 4&5, Tier 7&8 raids. I averaged about 6 hours a week on that game.

I quit about 9 months before the last xpac after playing since a couple months after launch with a level 80 of pretty much every class.

Oh, my rainy day projects consist of sorting and pricing about 2000 cu ft of stuff in storage for a 10 year in the making yard sale we'll be having later this summer.

*No I'm not selling any of my tools or firearms related equipment, only some of my nerdy tech stuff and gadgets*

Last edited:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    While I'm waiting for parts for my mower, I finished another project I have been meaning to do since we moved in...

New hardware and flag on the flagpole that came with the house.

Was 18ft with 4x6 flag, now 12ft with 3x5 flag due to rotted bottom section of pole and tree growth.

dscn2959d.jpg

Top Bottom