• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    At Christmas 2011 I made the tragic mistake so many men do. I bought my wife her first handgun without her input. Also unfortunate was and is that she is not pro-gun and is definitely anti-carry. This weekend she finally agreed to go to the range with me. It wasn't her first time shooting but it was her first time shooting "her" SR9C. Awesome groups, very conscious of the first four rules, and eager to go again but to an outdoor range next time. I also brought an m&p mimick BB gun which she really loved! (LOL). She wouldnt shoot my old s&w .40 EDC or the HD shotgun and im very glad for that. I'm holding out hope that someday she'll put her LTCH to use but for now I'm ecstatic to have a positive range visit. No real point to this thread; I'm just super excited for her.

-Dobber

P.S. I have to go to a Nutritionist in exchange for this range trip. Women can be horrible.

irl104

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Central Indiana
    I had bought my wife a shotgun for Valitines Day. She said I'm not going to kill any animals. I told her it was for shooting skeet. Best gift I ever bought her. She loves skeet shooting and has been deer hunting, with kills. I'm proud of her. Not what I had expected either.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Nice Dobber. I've spent 4+ yrs working to get my (adult) daughter from "if I know you have gun around your Grandson" to last month she applied for her LTCH, went to range and expects dad to help buy her a tiffany blue duracoated "EDC" ...

... Isn't it enought that I paid for her Lifetime LTCH ...

AWESOME JOB!!. ... and this - stories like these - are how we change the anti's - or at least get the fence sitters off and get them not to be sheep;
    I have a feeling my daughter will be bringing 4-6 GF's & co-workers "into the fold" in time.
    That's just how her personality works.

Armed*Italian

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Griffith
    A few months ago my wife was wanting to purchase her first handgun. After doing a lot of research and talking to a friend. She decided on a Ruger LCP. It fits her hand perfectly and is easy for her to CC. That being said I was a little worried about control. I thought the recoil may make it hard for her to control. Finally we both had the chance to get some range time together. It was her first time shooting the LCP and it has been a long time since she fired a handgun. All of my worries quickly went away within the first few rounds. She handled the LCP like a pro. She ran 50 rounds though it with no problems at all. :D She loves her LCP and I could not be happier.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    The last time my X-wife put rounds down range is when she walked down there to mow the weeds.

Believe me - She has some bigass rounds. :n00b:

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    [QUOTE I also brought an m&p mimick BB gun which she really loved! (LOL).

Can you give me more info about this? I kinda have a thing for air guns.

Thanks!

Top Bottom