• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'm aware of that one. It pertains to "for his or her own use". It's not "to another person". In the original scenario above, Person A is mailing it back to Person B. A temporary transfer (probably unlawfully per federal law) unintentionally took place when the firearm was left. To get it back to Person B who resided in another state, it would have to be shipped to an FFL in Person B's state.
    American citizens do it 1,000's of times a day, one would think if it was a problem you would constantly hear about good citizens being arrested and charged with Federal Crimes. But yet we don't.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And while he could probably get away with it, Sometimes "what the atf doesnt know, wont hurt them" can backfire.

There is an ex INGOer that found that out the hard way. He was overheard at the range one day uttering the words "well, what the ATF doesnt know, wont hurt me (them?)" Until LEO invited themselves into his home with a warrant due to a totally unrelated incident. Things were noticed, and suddenly the ATF DID know. It didnt end well for him.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    As some may know, I no longer reside in Indiana.

Trading guns with friends back in Indiana incurs some expenses. I don’t like it, but it is what it is. We get the guns where they need to be, and pay the price, so we don’t have to pay the going to prison price. :dunno:

Top Bottom