• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squander

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    South Bend
    I am getting confused on how I can ship powder, disclosing to UPS/FedEx the contents of the box with the limited-quantity exception designations on the box. Standard diamond with blacked-out corners.

On the one hand, businesses that have a contract with UPS or FedEx have a $25 surcharge for sending powder that somehow makes it "ok" to ship the product.

On the other hand, when I talk to a UPS agent as a non-business, they seem to be clueless as to how a non-business would ship powder, other than to say to put the standard limited-quantity exception labels on it. No surcharge.

So what is the surcharge for?

I can't figure it out, will some of the shipping experts help? How can I (as a non-business) legally ship powder?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I don't believe you can without having either a license and/or certification in hazmat materials

Squander

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    South Bend
    Thanks, and then there is the question of "legally" (against the law) versus being open to civil issues if something goes wrong. If there is no law against it, and if the UPS agents say OK to ship with a Hazmat designation, and you do so, have you opened yourself up to a liability issue if something goes wrong during shipment? And what is the special $25 Hazmat fee for?

I don't believe you can without having either a license and/or certification in hazmat materials

Top Bottom