• ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    First time at this Gunshow...got a M1 Carbine, Inland, 6 digit s/n with a
    11-42' barrel...this really got me because my CMP Garand is a 6 digit made in 11-42' !!! Thought this was pretty cool, an I don't have a Carbine...I do now.
    The stock an wood is great with cross cannons, an it shoots great, already stripped it down, cleaned an back together, since the picture I cleaned with Murphys soap an Tung Oiled.....the MW was great also at 1.5 an the park is great also.....650.00 no tax, no shipping no ffl fee....an came with 3 mags. an 200 rds of ammo...maybe not a steal but not too shabby, an justb like the overall condition an that 11-42' date....CMP sold out awhile back an this would be a Service Grade...can't remember what they sold for...?...595.00 or 695.00....? any way here are some pics. of it an my 42' Garand....

picture.php

picture.php

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Awesome!!! Congrats!

I just traded away one of my guns for an M1 Carbine. Just so happened that my Garand is a Sept/Oct '44 and my Carbine is an a Sept/Oct '44 as well!

You got a good deal on the gun, with the ammo thrown in it's even sweeter!

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    You did good, especially w/ the ammo and mags thrown in. If u ever want to off load it let me know.

Ive been wanting to ask you about that nice stock on your garand... that is great. Did u finish it?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    You did good, especially w/ the ammo and mags thrown in. If u ever want to off load it let me know.

Ive been wanting to ask you about that nice stock on your garand... that is great. Did u finish it?

That SA stock came off a HRA, it was black an dirty you could barely see any stripes..,....hammer dings, some real deep....Oven off to strip, soaked twice in wet towles 6 hrs. an steamed out dents with iron. Light sand, red caberate stain mixed 1/3 mineral spirits, very light coat. Then Tung Oil Finish, low gloss by Formes, several coats, light steel wool between dryed coats. I still can't believe how well it came out, an how I ever got lucky enough to find it on a rack at the N. Store, CMP.

mopar70

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    North Vernon
    That SA stock came off a HRA, it was black an dirty you could barely see any stripes..,....hammer dings, some real deep....Oven off to strip, soaked twice in wet towles 6 hrs. an steamed out dents with iron. Light sand, red caberate stain mixed 1/3 mineral spirits, very light coat. Then Tung Oil Finish, low gloss by Formes, several coats, light steel wool between dryed coats. I still can't believe how well it came out, an how I ever got lucky enough to find it on a rack at the N. Store, CMP.
    Looks like your efforts were well rewarded. Kind of reminds me of wood working class in High School on getting the dings out. Looks like a million bucks

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    The CMP guys help ID some parts, real mix master, but say a 6 digit with original barrel was a good score!

Stock....Standard Products
    Trigger Housing....Q-NC.....Quality Hardware
    Hammer...Rock-0-La
    OP Rod.....Winchester
    Flat Bolt...Universal..?

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    The CMP guys help ID some parts, real mix master, but say a 6 digit with original barrel was a good score!

Stock....Standard Products
    Trigger Housing....Q-NC.....Quality Hardware
    Hammer...Rock-0-La
    OP Rod.....Winchester
    Flat Bolt...Universal..?

Not unusual, nor is it a big deal, in my opinion. These old warhorses were probably arsenal rebuilt many times during their service life using parts taken from huge bins.

If it works well, who cares? It's a fine looking piece of history.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Nice looking guns DragonGunner. The $695 CMP service grade price seems to be what I remember.
    My GF confiscated one of my Carbines for her use lol. It's her favorite long gun and she about keeps me broke buying ammo. But then she is making me a nice pile of brass to reload.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I don't mind all the different parts, just means it got used...an thats GOOD!!!
    Just found out the stock was made for Standard Products by Jamestown Lounge Co. an the flst bolt were the early bolts,....lots of interesting history with these Carbines...Lord help if I get the bug to by all 11 or 12 makers....I'll have to get another job....lol.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I don't mind all the different parts, just means it got used...an thats GOOD!!!
    Just found out the stock was made for Standard Products by Jamestown Lounge Co. an the flst bolt were the early bolts,....lots of interesting history with these Carbines...Lord help if I get the bug to by all 11 or 12 makers....I'll have to get another job....lol.

Since you started this thread, I'm going to have to shoot my three M1 carbines, one is an old 1943 NATIONAL POSTAL METER;)

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Very cool! Dad's got an Inland from around that same time, but not nearly in as good of shape. Those rifles are just a fun to collect as the Garands, an were equally important to the allied victory in WWII.

My grandfather carried one during the war an said it was by far his favorite rifle to shoot!

The Rock-o-la Hammer and quality hardware trigger housing, an maybe even the standard products stock, might fetch some $$$ on the CMP forum for the guys there trying to get a "Correct" carbine. I'd say at a minimum you could get good condition "correct" parts for you gun in trade or for the cash that you make off the sale.

Then again, a mix-master is probably closest to how a lot of these rifles spent a good part of their military service. Once they came back to the division armoror for any sort of work, they probably lost their numbers/manufacturer matching status and went on to serve without hiccup from then on.

Top Bottom