• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    More info emerges . . . NY Post article which has the KCPD mugshot of Lyndell Mays, and another photo of him from his Facebook page.

From NY Post articles . . .
    GoFundMe for Lyndell Mays has been shut down after only collecting $100.
    In court docs, Lyndell Mays told cops he was "just being stupid".
    Allegedly pulled gun out which prompted others to pull their guns out, and he started shooting.
    Dominic Miller, the other adult charged (age 18), allegedly fired the shot that killed the woman DJ.
    No mugshot yet of Dominic Miller.

My take on it at this point is a very rapid escalation of a confrontation between two "groups" of gang-bangers, which included adults and minors. I expect there will be more arrests and more details emerge and more dots get connected. One other individual was arrested for picking up a Glock 22 that was dropped in all the mayhem . . . he is a convicted felon which has him facing "felon in possession" charges. He alleges that he picked it up to turn it over to police. He was tested for gunshot residue which came up negative and they (KCPD) have no other reason to believe he was part of the gun battle. Make up your own mind about whether his story about wanting to turn it in to police is credible.

Mugshot of Lyndell Mays taken after he was released by hospital:

kansas-parade-shooter-stupid-01.jpg

Well, the felon COULD have been keeping it from being picked up and used or lost.
    He had no GSR, so...

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Well, the felon COULD have been keeping it from being picked up and used or lost.
    He had no GSR, so...
    I've little doubt that will be his story and he'll be sticking to it. A prosecutor out to put him in the Graybar Hotel would claim he may not have used it there, but scooped it up as a freebie for use in a different place at some time in the future. A felon acquiring a pistol by other means has its risks. It will have to shake out with the local KC prosecutor's office and the local U.S. Attorney as his possession of it is a State and a Federal Felony (he could be charged and tried by both). At this point he's got to be happy he's not facing murder charges. He does need a good attorney though.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Eh, I'm sure good guys work nights too. Where is that good guy with a gun? I dunno. Most Waffle House restaurants I've seen are usually in the high crime areas. I don't think their profit margin is high enough to afford spaces in better shopping districts. Likely there are good guys with guns stuck in the **** hole areas. Are they hanging out at Waffle house? Probably not.

I think they are just in high traffic areas and/or where drunks congregate. I wouldn't say I've seen a correlation with WH and crime. They can certainly afford a top shelf video camera system, though.

Now Church's Chicken...that place probably has some correlation with crime.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think they are just in high traffic areas and/or where drunks congregate. I wouldn't say I've seen a correlation with WH and crime. They can certainly afford a top shelf video camera system, though.

Now Church's Chicken...that place probably has some correlation with crime.
    Gordon's Fish and Chicken too. My heart sank a little when they put one in at 31 and Thompson. Sign of where the area has gone. :( But they do get the crackhead crowd there thanks to the crack motels.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom