Shooting clays......any help would be appreciated.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheBigLebowski

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have limited (when I say limited I mean no) real experience with shooting clays beyond tagging along with my dad to the club where he shot trap and the occasional times we would drag out the trap and shoot at the house. Most of this was 30-35 years ago except occasionally we still drag out the trap and shoot a couple of boxes of shells.

id like to learn to shoot these types of targets (trap, skeet and sporting clays) and maybe meet some people along the way. I'd also like to learn enough that I could take my dad along with me and we could do this together as well. He claims he can't shoot like he used to, but I watched him break 25/25 singles and then 18/20 doubles (2 birds thrown from the same trap at the same time). Granted we were standing next to the trap and he was using his old A5 browning with a cylinder bore barrel......but still.

I'm down in Bloomington, does anyone know of a place relatively close that would: 1. Welcome a newcomer to their range and; 2. Maybe help teach me how to shoot these types of targets and recommend equipment and so on.

i think it would be something fun to do and I'd like to learn more about it.

Thanks.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Trapshooting at SCCC
    10801 State Road 60
    Sellersburg, IN 47172

Silver Creek Conservation Club offers both singles and doubles trap fields.
    Wednesday evening trapshoots are open to the public and all skill levels are welcome.
    Rounds of trap start every Wednesday around 5:00PM EST and last as long as you want to shoot, but must end by 9:00PM. 25 birds cost $4.00.

Top Bottom