• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    week 3 of back surgery recovery 10 lb. weight limit . I got really bored this morning and decided to shoot .I had my daughter get a 6 ft. folding table set up on the porch. get rifle rest out of closet set up a chair...and the neighbor started to combine the beans . My bullet trap and where I shoot off of porch puts the combine occasonaly behind the bullet trap not wanting to anger him I wave and make a pot of coffee and wait 1 and 1/2 hours and he finishes .I take a thermos of coffee and 3 cups to porch wave him over catch up on gossip/ where the big bucks are running/who is going to win football fri. night .Coffe drank combine gone new leopold scope on Ruger 77/22 that I put a 17 mach 2 barrel on .Put a set of targets on trap walk back set down shoot a group adjust shoot walkback to check target 4 holes in the red 1.3 inches. new target put up walk back rain keep shooting .groups got huge 3inches harder the rain the bigger the group .anyone else have this same experiance.

FrogLube

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    The rain is cooling the air and the round off as it goes down range and causing the variation. Also, if you are leaving a live round in a hot chamber for a bit before sending it down range it will cause and even bigger variation from the round being heated and then sent into the cold rain. Leaving the chamber open or empty until ready to shoot will take a lot of it out.

rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    I am not bothered by the rain ,the walk back and forth is on the "things the Dr. says I can do"list, my brother has my spotting scope. I wasn't sure if the rain was interfearing with small, light weight bullet .the rifle needs a lighter trigger pull and a few more rounds down the tube .If may laser range finder is correct its 136 yrds happy with the first couple groups . I will try Froglubes' advice tomarrow after physical therapy.may try it both ways to see what the differances are thanks for the info

Top Bottom