• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Of the 4 conventional positions, standing is the least stable and therefore, the most difficult.
    NPA is critical.
    Your position should utilize your skeletal structure as much as possible, as compared to muscling the gun.
    As a result of the front sight always being in motion, it is imperative that you execute the shot properly. Mounting the gun, sight alignment, trigger control, breathing, follow through, etc. All are critical in becoming a good off hand shooter for slow fire target shooting. Rapid fire action shooting is different, but the basics still apply.
    I am going out today to practice, you're welcome to join me if you'd like.

An extremely important point! Don't fight it! Relax! Don't assume you'll shoulder a rifle and it will stay rock solid on target like shooting prone with a bipod. The front sight will move. Put all of your other shooting skills/diciplines (npa, breathing, trigger control, follow-thru, etc.) together and 'use the force'. If'n ya try to anchor that sight on the x-ring, you'll wear yourself out. It's even worse with a scope with crosshairs!

ol' poke

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    i taught myself to do it just like when i first learn to use a firearm. build from the bottom. although like someone already posted -- if you have anything to say that will HELP me, feel free.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    An extremely important point! Don't fight it! Relax! Don't assume you'll shoulder a rifle and it will stay rock solid on target like shooting prone with a bipod. The front sight will move. Put all of your other shooting skills/diciplines (npa, breathing, trigger control, follow-thru, etc.) together and 'use the force'. If'n ya try to anchor that sight on the x-ring, you'll wear yourself out. It's even worse with a scope with crosshairs!

ol' poke

Yup. This.

If'n ya try to anchor that sight on the x-ring, you'll wear yourself out.

And you'll end up jerking the trigger.

Top Bottom