• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I do know that at the Winamac FWA range(my happy place). I have seen the range officer call people out for messing with ANYTHING at the shooting bench while people are down range changing/checking/pulling targets. I say heck yeah,good on him.
    Good.

I'm pretty sure that @ATM screamed at me at my first Appleseed shoot when I reached down next to my mat to grab a loose magazine after stapling a new target on my way to the safe area to load it up. Others were downrange still.

I dont blame him. He didnt know that I wasnt reaching for my rifle.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    You would be surprised how many people show up with no sights at the range

Was shooting rimfire on the 50 yard line one time, and a guy shows up with his AK and his girlfriend and some ammo. Nothing else. No ear protection, no target, etc... So I offer him a target. "no thanks, just showing the girlfriend how to shoot". So he commences showing her how to put rounds down range, and I start seeing big holes on my rimfire target. He wasn't aiming for it, but he had no idea where his rounds were going.

So I pack up to leave, and offer them some ear plugs out of my pack. "no thanks, we're almost done", as he does another mag dump.

Last time I've been to the public range on a weekend.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    There are a lot of people going to public ranges and being silly, er dangerous and they should be admonished and educated just like in post #66 above. I applaud his efforts!

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    Our local range is so overcrowded it isn't even worth going to shoot. I'm also getting a bit antsy with all these new gun owners that are pointing their guns all over the place. Sorry guys, but I'm not into the law where anyone can own a gun.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Was shooting rimfire on the 50 yard line one time, and a guy shows up with his AK and his girlfriend and some ammo. Nothing else. No ear protection, no target, etc... So I offer him a target. "no thanks, just showing the girlfriend how to shoot". So he commences showing her how to put rounds down range, and I start seeing big holes on my rimfire target. He wasn't aiming for it, but he had no idea where his rounds were going.

So I pack up to leave, and offer them some ear plugs out of my pack. "no thanks, we're almost done", as he does another mag dump.

Last time I've been to the public range on a weekend.

Wouldn't the RO do something?

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Our local range is so overcrowded it isn't even worth going to shoot. I'm also getting a bit antsy with all these new gun owners that are pointing their guns all over the place. Sorry guys, but I'm not into the law where anyone can own a gun.
    While I get the concern because their stupidity could harm others I wouldn’t say there should NOT be special requirements to take advantage of constitutional rights.

And as far as everyone being able to own a gun most states “permit” program do noting other than rubber stamp them. When you make training mandatory for $$ the inept people see marketing and get what an NRA basic pistol of an USCCa regurgitating someone else’s power point and all of the sudden everything right!

The other issue is while those state courses granting permission to carry a gun in public (in like a holster and stuff) yet they don’t allow them to practice drawing in a class to obtain the Government permission slip.

Even “trained” people do dumb stuff look at all the polygraph/background and state minimum standards bo cop left behind passes and here we are watching a couple crazy things a week happen by “trained” people

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    There was one time my buddies and I were at a range in Michigan that had no RO's and was pretty much self supervised. I didn't really witness any dumb stuff except for one incident during a ceasefire. One guy was down range still putting up targets when you heard the pop from a .22. Everyone looked over at the bench and starting yelling "CEASEFIRE" at some middle aged guy holding up a 10/22. He looked like a deer in the headlights as a hundred angry eyes looked in his direction.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    There was one time my buddies and I were at a range in Michigan that had no RO's and was pretty much self supervised. I didn't really witness any dumb stuff except for one incident during a ceasefire. One guy was down range still putting up targets when you heard the pop from a .22. Everyone looked over at the bench and starting yelling "CEASEFIRE" at some middle aged guy holding up a 10/22. He looked like a deer in the headlights as a hundred angry eyes looked in his direction.
    I was witness to that on more than one occasion at Elwood CC, some of the worst offenders were the VN era Veterans that would handle, load, unload while you were down range changing targets. Or guys would just walk down a hot range and start shooting pistols closer to the berms.

Top Bottom