• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I have multiple AR500 targets from Bobcat Steel including a 4 paddle dueling tree. I have never had a problem with any of the targets. Going cheap on targets is not only cost ineffective it can be dangerous. It's always better to get something that does more than what you want so that you can grow into it. We use the dueling tree at about 75 yards with AR 15's with no problems. At 20 yards the 9mm pops them nicely.

[video=youtube_share;45kjdNV4NdA]http://youtu.be/45kjdNV4NdA?list=UUY-ZVuTw-yxiplRms4mgBcw[/video]

[video=youtube_share;l5EZuIO-TLM]http://youtu.be/l5EZuIO-TLM?list=UUY-ZVuTw-yxiplRms4mgBcw[/video]​

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    If you are handy and have access to a welder, you can build your own. I built one with 3/8 " AR 500 plates for center fire and one with 1/4 " mild steel plates for rim fire. It was a fun project and I saved a considerable amount of money.
    20140331_151419_zps3mqjj55i.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I went with the Action Target Dueling Tree. After seeing how nice their rimfire tree and plate rack were, I figured cry once- price wise.

PT Dueling Tree (Standard)

One warning about any dueling tree you end up getting....they truly deserve the label of "ammo sponge" !!!

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    +1 for Action Target!!! I have several of their targets and I am thoroughly impressed. At this stage, my opinion is their product is superior to other companies. They seem to hold up very well and have some options and offerings that other competitors do not have.

spaniel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Lizton
    LINK

Search on "dueling tree kit". There are more options than when I got mine off ebay a couple years ago but they all work the same. A piece of thick angle iron, metal for a base, some welder time, and you are in business.

Don't forget it has to lean forward. I used a turnbuckle to make mine fully adjustable so I can flip the paddles with anything from a .22 to a 44Mag without beating the heck out of it.

Top Bottom