• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    We had a bad crash near us one day, all we heard was a loud boom, the lights flickered, then the fire trucks rolled by. I wanted to know what was up so my gf and I walked down to see what was up. Turned out a work van had hit a telephone pole and sheared it off about three feet up. We were never in anybodys way, we were not being disrespectful to the driver if he died, just checking on our neigborhood. Nothing wrong with being aware of happenings in your area.

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    Oh no

Stay in your residence like sheep and cower in fear!!! Don't dare leave your home to investigate!!! Sorry no purple.. Some on here just kill me!!!!!!!

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Pile-on's are fun----unless you're the dude on the bottom.

Pile-On.jpg

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    That's who "we" are

If the OP is "derp" then many of the respondents here are "tards". I thought the OP's mother was here.:rolleyes: Make your flippin' point then move on. Belittling and insuting the OP is uncalled for. Get out of feeding frenzy, group think-mode and simmer down. I didn't realize there were so many "let the police handle it and only listen to what you are told" folks here.

"Belittling and insulting" is the only thing some forumites are capable of. :rolleyes:

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    might be off topic here since im not familiar with all of indianapolis, but i hear the broad ripple area is not the safest place to be in these days. we used to go to the vogue theatre for concerts there in the past and i always thought it was a decent area.

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    It's still a decent area but its the city. There is going to be rif raff anywhere you go, more places than others. The worst thing about living in BR is the insane distance from the nearest rifle range.

ubertux

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Tell City
    Instead of heading towards the incident why not just invest in a police scanner, that would have told you a round about idea of what was happening. Also It may enlighten you the amount of criminal activity going on around you, not reported by the media.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    might be off topic here since im not familiar with all of indianapolis, but i hear the broad ripple area is not the safest place to be in these days. we used to go to the vogue theatre for concerts there in the past and i always thought it was a decent area.

I think it USED to be relatively safe, although in the early/mid 80's, I did have my car broken into, or stuff stolen off of it three times, and each time it was parked in fairly busy areas.

Now they just carjack you and take everything.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    So anyone other than me interested in what caused 20 rounds being fired?

My guess would be the lack of a spare magazine.

I saw on the news this morning that some woman got shot multiple times while riding her bike. Was this the same incident?

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    If it's gun fire going on in the street and I'm in my home, I surely wouldn't be leaving the house until I knew it was clear. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Heh, last time I went to the Vogue was to see a movie. This is what scanners are for, people. I have one in the car (laws, check them (IC 35-44-3-12), you may not be legal to do so, but I am) and I have used it to avoid roads shut down due to accidents, that kind of thing. It also takes you right to the middle of things, without you having to put yourself downrange of anybody.

If you're actually hearing shots, chances are a lot of other people have heard them as well. Get ready to respond on your own turf, but count on the pros to show up, just like they would for a fire. This is what they're for, after all, not to prevent it happening in the first place. Don't put yourself in harm's way, or even what may be harm's way, just out of curiosity.

Top Bottom