should i stipple my xds/ anybody with pics of stippled xds?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ireed3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    indiana
    xds resize.jpg thinking about stippling my xds. does anyone have any pics of their stipple job on xds? i have a pattern on my 870 in my photos but im wondering if i should try a different pattern. also worried about ruining my resell value. what are some thoughts.

d8295bd7-ea70-4f25-86f4-e51e075adecf
    d8295bd7-ea70-4f25-86f4-e51e075adecf

Last edited:

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    While not helpful at all in regard to stippling, If it was me personally I would try a set of Talon grips. I put them on my XDS when I was contemplating the same thing and I'm glad I did. Not that I really care about resale (I dont sell much) but I was just looking for function. The Talon grips did what I wanted for like 15$ and took like 10 minutes to apply. After a year and a half or so they are holding up great still. If you are leary to stipple, try the grips. If they do well enough for you great, if not, continue with your soldering iron!

ireed3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    indiana
    Thanks for the input. I may go that route. Did you have any problem with the grips coming off after cleaning?

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    No issues yet, however I tend to try to keep them away from solvents etc. If you get the plastic area really really clean with some alcohol, and follow the directions as they say I think they stick pretty well. I would imagine any bad reviews of them are at least PARTLY due to poor prep work. for 15$ its a pretty good gamble. I have them on a 4" XD40, XDS, and an LCP and have had no issues.

moosehead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If you stipple it, you are limiting your potential resale market. I personally won't buy a gun that has been stippled unless I'm looking for a parts gun, others will. Take it for what it's worth, and do what works best for you.

ireed3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    indiana
    If you stipple it, you are limiting your potential resale market. I personally won't buy a gun that has been stippled unless I'm looking for a parts gun, others will. Take it for what it's worth, and do what works best for you.

Thats what i was wondering thank you

ireed3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    indiana
    figured that i would put up some examples of both stippling and talon grips. these are in no way my pictures, they are taken from google image search.

stipple

Z

images

talon
    9k=

stipple then talon
    images

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    IMHO, if you're going to stipple it, you need to grind down the waffle pattern / lugs (whatever you want to call them) before stippling. Looks like it'd be a pain in the butt.

Resale value is going to go down the crapper if you stipple it. Only stipple guns that you are never going to sell. I wouldn't even look at a used gun that was stippled by the owner (unless he's qualified and well known). And even if the stipple job was well done, it still limits resale. It's like sights, everyone likes something slightly different.

Top Bottom