• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    These things have been in the news quite a bit the last few years. The current issue of Sea Classics magazine (on the newsstands now) has a nice article on them. they run the gamut from simple tubes that are towed underwater by a surfaces ship to semi-submersibles that really only go "decks awash" to fairly sophisticated submersibles that can dive to around 65 feet. Not sure I'd want to try one, but to each his own...

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Why would you want to put yourself in an environment surrounded by water, easily defeated, very limited resources, virtually no defense (and if you have defense options then your probably going to be dead in a few minutes anyways). I mean isn't that the 180 degree opposite of what SHTF survival is all about? As for smuggling, its great until the USN sails in with subs and sub detecting equipment..........

You can have much more fun on a boat anyways, I mean they have yet to invent a sub that can hold the quantity of adult beverages quite like the party pontoon!

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You can have much more fun on a boat anyways, I mean they have yet to invent a sub that can hold the quantity of adult beverages quite like the party pontoon!

Not quite sure that's the case, I've never seen a party pontoon with 5000 sq ft of floor space that's capable of transatlantic crossing. And capable of going down 1000'.
    U.S. Submarines

And it could be yours for the low low price of 78 million.:n00b:

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    You could build one and then put little green plants in it to make the oxygen so you could stay "safe" away from the beyond the thunder dome like surface ongoings.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Not quite sure that's the case, I've never seen a party pontoon with 5000 sq ft of floor space that's capable of transatlantic crossing. And capable of going down 1000'.
    U.S. Submarines

And it could be yours for the low low price of 78 million.:n00b:

All of a sudden those days on the lake with a few drinks seem horribly inadequate. Let me call my billionaire dad. O wait.......

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    All of a sudden those days on the lake with a few drinks seem horribly inadequate. Let me call my billionaire dad. O wait.......

I know the feeling. I don't even have a jon boat at the moment :(. But think just how quick you could make your money back on it though, the passenger area you could put 20 10x17 ft room in for cruises. It would be the only one out there. Oh and the 78 mil, that was stock. Don't forget to include all the options.:D

Although I did see a decent little 45 passenger sightseeing sub for sale cheap. It included a powered floating dock with hydraulics to lift the sub up for boarding/unboarding and for towing out to sea, and a fast catamaran for passenger ferry(90 passenger capacity plus crew) and tow. I think it was only about 750,000. But they need over 2 mill in repairs.

Top Bottom