• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've been wanting to put a red dot on my WASR, and it has the side mounting bracket. I really don't want to remove the front hand guard and put rails on it, so I'm thinking using the scope mount bracket is my best option. My question is, would something like this(link below) be the only thing I'd have to buy, aside from the red dot itself?
    AK Quick Detach 2 Rail Mount

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Yep, that is what you are looking for. There might be others around, but that price from Centerfire will be hard to beat. Like you said, get that and all you need is the red dot.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    That is all that is necessary... but I would urge you to look at other side mounting options for the AK.

What type of red dot are you planning on mounting? For something like an aimpoint m3 or similar, I would highly suggest the Kalinka PK-01V v3.0. It will hold a red dot that uses a 30mm ring. As a bonus, it also co-witnesses... which is something of a rarity for side mounts. :D

Kalinka PK-01V AK Side Mount w/ 30 mm Heavy Duty Ring v.3.0

UP1.png

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    +1

bp02w-1-600.jpg
    A big +1 on the above post, Yup that chunk of metal on the side of your rifle is for optics and optic mounts. Keep your hand guard is for your hands.
    Might I suggest you check this out, it mounts proper and solid. Im thinking about selling my original BP-02 for the BP-01/mtk-83 which sits slightly higher so you can also use the iron sights.
    Check out

Welcome to Kalinka Optics Warehouse!
    or
    Welcome | Assault Rifle Accessories at Discount Prices | Steel City Armory This is a guy who brings in gear from Kalinka but runs a little cheaper than Kalink, If you dont see it on his site he will get it for you.

pk_01ba.jpg

Last edited:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom