• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    I have been looking at Sigs lately and really like the idea of a relatively consistent trigger pull. I had a P239 DA/SA and shot it pretty well, but think I would shoot better with the DAK model. If anyone has any experience with the DAK trigger your advice would be greatly appreciated.

snowman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Bremen, IN
    Yes, the DAK is a much better trigger. I use a P229 with a DAK. Not only is it the same trigger pull every time, there is a short reset on the trigger pull on the follow up shots if you want to use it, or you can extend the trigger all the way out for the follow up shot.

When I switched to the DAK trigger, my first shot hit percentage went up. The DA/SA first pull is just to stiff.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I don't like the long reset, but I do shoot well with them.

DAK triggers have two reset points, a short one & a long one, to use the short one all you have to do is relax your trigger finger a little and then squeeze it again.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Contrary to all that have posted so far, I'm no fan of the DAK action. My 229 is DAK and I carry it on duty all of the time. I've got the "short" trigger installed. I would say that in comparison to the standard DA trigger pull on the DA/SA Sigs that the DAK pull is considerably better.
    What Sig really needs to do is incorporate the DAK trigger pull with their DA/SA action, if Sig would do that they may have a winner.

With that said, you're the one making the choice. I think Sig could do better.

MeatyBacchus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    DAK triggers have two reset points, a short one & a long one, to use the short one all you have to do is relax your trigger finger a little and then squeeze it again.

IMO - it is not short, is more gritty, and it is approx 2lbs heavier in the pull.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    I know its almost wrong compare a Glock to a Sig, but how does the DAK trigger compare to the Glock's trigger?

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I am a little surprised to see negative comments about Sig's DAK trigger system, anyway Glock triggers simply aren't even in the same league, if I had to compare the DAK trigger to any other trigger it'd have to be to a finely tuned Colt Python trigger (no hyperbole & no exaggeration).

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    HK's LEM trigger trumps the DAK IMO -

Short reset and same weight on each trigger pull

? different strokes for different folks I guess.

LEM's are ok but I don't like the long trigger take up on the front end, or how the LEM's trigger weight stacks on the back end, DAK's are much more consistent & smoother IMHO.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Do any of you guys that have experience with the DAK trigger know why SIG made the reset pull heavier?

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Do any of you guys that have experience with the DAK trigger know why SIG made the reset pull heavier?

With a DAK trigger you're basically given the option of trading a bit of added weight in the trigger pull, for shorter travel in the trigger. It has to do with physics & levers, shorter the lever, the more force required or something like that.

That said, the short reset is only about a lb heaver than the longer reset point, which is not an issue for most folks especially considering that regardless of which reset point you choose to use, the trigger is smooth & consistent.

Top Bottom