Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I just picked up my beautiful new Sig P220 compact. This is one hell of a little gun, chambered in .45 ACP. It is definitely a compact--even I need the pinky extension on the mag for it to fit my hands.
    It comes with 2 mags and nice plastic case. It is a 6+1 cap mag. Barrel length is 3.8", height is 5.50".

I have only put a few rounds through it, but some friends put more through it. Absolutely no issues out of the box. It also does not need any sight adjustment straight from the box either.
    It does have the standard Sig DA/SA trigger. So, if you don't like that trigger, you won't like this gun. However, I love my P226 and I now love my P220.

It has very low felt recoil for being a compact .45. I thought it felt just like shooting a 9mm. This is because the gun is a bit heavy. (I will post pics of my targets after my next range trip so you can get an idea of its accuracy.) Actually, my 9mm Kel-Tec P-11 is much snappier than this gun.

As per features on the gun, it has a manual decocker and that's it. This baby does not have any bells or whistles to it. The grip is awesome, IMO. It is the standard textured Sig grip with the Sig Sauer logo on it. It also has a front rail. The SigLight sites, however, are completely awesome! They are so bright in low light. Here is a picture:
    picture.php

I think double taps out of this gun will be easy enough, even without the SRT (Short Reset Trigger). The double action pull is a bit stiff for now, but I know it will break in after I shoot more. However, I still don't think it is bad at all for DA. It is nothing compared to a DA revolver (even a well broken in one). However, the SA trigger pull is great. The Sig website says it measures at 4.4 lbs, but to me, it didn't feel that heavy (although I'm sure that's accurate). The travel on the DA is a bit long, but super smooth. So I intend to carry this decocked (once I get a holster).

Take down is a breeze as with other Sigs. All you have to do is flip up the take down lever. Dry firing not required to have the slide assembly come right off.

The mags fit snug so the pinky extension doesn't pinch your palm at all. If you are a Sig fan, definitely add this to your list. If you are not a Sig fan, at least give this a chance...shoot your buddies if you can. You might change your mind on Sigs.

My :twocents: Will post more later as I'm a tired lady right now!

Added this: 25' (on a recycled target! lol!) The head shots were rapid fire.
    picture.php

Last edited:

rolodetective

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "...If you are not a Sig fan, at least give this a chance...shoot your buddies if you can. You might change your mind on Sigs...."

I like my buddies....why would I want to shoot them. (booooooooo :rolleyes:)

I have a 220 compact also....mine has the beaver tail. Great gun (although mine is for sale) but only because I want to replace it with a P239. The 220 compact is an excellent .45 platform. If you are looking for a holster the Safariland ALS for a 229 will work just fine. Just a reminder to properly break it down if it has the SRT trigger.

-RD

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Thanks for the tip. I haven't tried it yet in my OWB holster for my XDM. That holster fits the P226 which is a very similar style to the P220 frame. So for OWB, that may work. The nice things about Sigs is that the frames are similar enough that other model accessories may fit .... :)
    Go Team Sig!!!

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I just picked one up tonight and was very surprised at the size of the gun compared to my glock 27. Not a whole lot of difference for how the gun feels. To me the gun does not even feel like a compact. This is also my first Sig so I will have to follow your thread here as I am learning my new Sig as well.

Top Bottom