• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaveO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Washington IN.
    I picked up a Sig P230 at the Martinsville gun show. I haven't owned a Sig before, not a 100% familiar with them. What is the difference between the P230 and the P232? I think I got a pretty good deal on this one. It's LNIB and I got it for $260. Also got some Hornady XTP 9x18 Mak for $7 a box. I thought it was a pretty good day all around.
    :D

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    whats the differance between a Sig P230 and the Sig P232
    That would be 2.....LOL

Same gun ... The P232 is just the newer Model .
    I think they changed the grip design slightly and the sights went from a 2 dot to a 3 dot ...

May be something else but for the most part that is it .:ingo:

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    $260 is a pretty good deal if it is decent shape. Did you get any mags, original box, test target, or manual? That would make it a much better deal.

I noticed you listed 9x18 Mak ammo. Is that Makarov? If so, it will not work in your new Sig.

Finally, welcome to Sigs. Be careful, because it probably will not be your last Sig. That's why they call it a 'Signess'.

The hardcore Sig folks are on a 'sigforum'...

Ref:Modern Firearms - SIG-Sauer P230 P232

The SIG-Sauer P-230 pistol was designed and produced in Germany by the joint venture of the J.P.Sauer (Germany) and a SIG Arms (Swiss) as a compact police and self-defence pistol. P-230 hit the market circa 1977 and was manufactured untill the 1996, when it was replaced by the P-232 pistol, which is no more than technologically and ergonomically improved P-230. Original P-230 was offered in variety of 3 calibers - 9mm Browning Short, 7.65mm Browning and a now discontinued 9mm Police, which was designed as a most powerful round suitable for simple blowback pistols. 9x18mm Police is rougly equal in terms of power to the Russian 9x18mm Makarov, but these two ARE NOT interchangeable! Attempt to fire 9x18mm Mak in the 9mm Police P-230 can result in serious damage to the pistol and injury to the shooter!
    P-230 and P-232 are quite similar internally. Both are simple blowback operated, hammer fired pistols, with double action triggers and a manual decocker levers mounted on the left side of the frame, behind the trigger. P-232 also featured automated firing pin safety. Both pistols lack the slide stop. Both pistols can be found in standard form, with steel slide and aluminium alloy frame and blue finish, or in SL versions, with both slide and frame made from stainless steel. Latter models are slightly heavier and wear a polished steel finish. P-232 featured drift-ajustable rear sights, dovetailed into the slide. Feed is from single stack magazines for 7 9mm or 8 7.65mm rounds. It should be noted that both P-230 and P-232 feature magazine catch, located at the heel of the grip.
    Both P-230 and P-232 are high quality, durable and reliable guns, as every other pistol, produced by the famous Swiss-German alliance. These guns are well suited for personal defence, concealed carry and as a backup guns, offering good accuracy and mild recoil.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    My 230 is a .380/9x17. Sounds like you got a better price than I did, and that was back in 2000. It was my pocket pistol back before all these pocket pistols. Do check what ammunition it requires, if it's that mutant 9x18 that may be why you got such a deal.

DaveO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Washington IN.
    Thanks for the info on the diference. Yes, like new, two mags, box and paperwork. I mentioned the Makarov ammo only to show that I found some other deals there. The 230 is a .380. I have a German Makarov that I bought the ammo for.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Thanks for the info on the diference. Yes, like new, two mags, box and paperwork. I mentioned the Makarov ammo only to show that I found some other deals there. The 230 is a .380. I have a German Makarov that I bought the ammo for.

Outstanding! To me there are no new Sigs or old sigs, just new Sig owners.
    Welcome again.

Top Bottom