• ...and so much more!
  • Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Just kind of curious how many here have the P250c in .40 cal and how you like it so far. I bought one not long ago and really really like it, but am still working with it to get the groups up as it shoots alittle low. My only issue is that i have to send it back to Sig because one of the lights in the rear night sight went out, so i wonder if i should ask them to install a larger rear sight. The 250 has several different front sight heights and 3 different rears, and i was told by Sig that the .40 typically comes with the medium on the rear. They are willing to change it out for a large one since it has to be replaced anyway, but i dont know if i should or not. If i ask them to check it out for the shooting low issue and it shoots fine, then they said there would be a charge for range time and return shipping because they have had alot of them come back and 99 percent of the time there is nothing wrong, just shooter error. At this point i am going to run another box of ammo through it and take my time and see what happens, but just wondered what others may of experienced..thanks!

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    Interesting that you mention it shoots low...I bought the P250 2Sum in .40 last year and frankly, I don't shoot it much because it shoots so low. I thought it was my reloads, so I tried factory rounds, but it still shoots low. I'm not talking a few inches low, but the compact shoots about a foot low at 25 feet. The full size is not so bad, but it also shoots low.

It just sits in my safe, but I've been thinking about sending it back to Sig. Will be interested to hear if others have P250s that shoot low.

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Mine was shooting that low at first, but more range time and trigger practice has brought the groups up alot, although they are still 3-5 inches low at 7 yards. It started out for me that i was also using a target style sight picture instead of a combat style sight picture which is what Sig's are set up for, when i changed that it made a pretty big difference.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I have one, and haven't had a problem with it shooting low. I don't mean to insult, but do you have much experience with a DA trigger? Pretty easy to pull it off target, if you aren't accustomed to one.

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have one, and haven't had a problem with it shooting low. I don't mean to insult, but do you have much experience with a DA trigger? Pretty easy to pull it off target, if you aren't accustomed to one.
    I dont have much experience with a DA trigger, but do have some. I have been working with it and i feel i am pretty comfortable with it now as my groups have came up alot since the first time out with it and now stay pretty consistent, just alittle low still. I will see what happens this weekend when i shoot it again and go from there.

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Shot it again yesterday, i no longer believe it is shooting low, but it wasn't grouping very good, probably due to me being alittle to anxious and the ammo. Gonna take it out again soon and actually take my time like i intended on doing this time and see what happens, also gonna try some different ammo.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    They are willing to change it out for a large one since it has to be replaced anyway, but i dont know if i should or not. If i ask them to check it out for the shooting low issue and it shoots fine, then they said there would be a charge for range time and return shipping because they have had alot of them come back and 99 percent of the time there is nothing wrong, just shooter error. At this point i am going to run another box of ammo through it and take my time and see what happens, but just wondered what others may of experienced..thanks!

I had a .45acp full size, and it shot 6"-8" low at 25 yards off a rest. It was a great feeling pistol, but the trigger sucked, and it was terribly inaccurate. The line about "99% of the time it's shooter error" is flat out bull ****. Those guns, from what I have seen, all have accuracy issues. I was extremely excited when I purchased my P250, but quickly realized it is just a turd in a Hershey wrapper.

Before anybody wants to come along and tell me how I must have been "doing it wrong", don't waste your time. Every shot that was fired from my P-250 was fired from a rest. I staged the trigger, making sure the sights were perfectly aligned before each shot. I also ensured the bullseye on the target was exactly the proper width in relation to the front sight at distance to negate the possibility of inaccuracy. I basically use a cardboard backer, and make a T out of tape, trim the vertical line to match the sight width, and make sure the horizontal line is level. I do accuracy testing as scientifically as possible, and I can typically wring most of the accuracy out of a gun with my method.

Last edited:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I had a .45acp full size, and it shot 6"-8" low at 25 yards off a rest. It was a great feeling pistol, but the trigger sucked, and it was terribly inaccurate. The line about "99% of the time it's shooter error" is flat out bull ****. Those guns, from what I have seen, all have accuracy issues. I was extremely excited when I purchased my P250, but quickly realized it is just a turd in a Hershey wrapper.

Before anybody wants to come along and tell me how I must have been "doing it wrong", don't waste your time. Every shot that was fired from my P-250 was fired from a rest. I staged the trigger, making sure the sights were perfectly aligned before each shot. I also ensured the bullseye on the target was exactly the proper width in relation to the front sight at distance to negate the possibility of inaccuracy. I basically use a cardboard backer, and make a T out of tape, trim the vertical line to match the sight width, and make sure the horizontal line is level. I do accuracy testing as scientifically as possible, and I can typically wring most of the accuracy out of a gun with my method.
    I was in a gun store a few weeks ago and was checking one out, but had seconds thoughts when the guy behind the counter told me buy any other SIG and your good to go, but not that one. The price was quite a bit lower than the others.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    I bought the P250 sub compact and found the grip to be too small. I just picked up a compact frame and cut it to accept the sub slide and its perfect now. Lots of people dog them but I have yet to have an issue with mine. DA takes some getting used to, but its smooth. This has got to be the easiest gun to take apart and clean. I am really liking my 250.

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Dont get me wrong, i really really like it, it feels great in my hand, functions perfect, and the recoil is real manageable for a .40cal. I just get aggravated easy, even though it was likely mostly my fault, and i do believe ammo was a contributing factor also.

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I originally set out for a 9mm Sig Pro, but somewhat got talked into buying the 250. Although i do believe the 250 is a great gun, i just couldn't get over the trigger and still kept looking back at the Pro. So today i traded in the 250 for a Sig Pro 9mm, hopefully it was the right decision.

Top Bottom