• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Hey there Ingo'ers. I am looking to trade in my Springfield XD9 subcompact for something different. i like my XD very well, however i much prefer the feeling of a DA/SA pistol. also all of my handguns have an external hammer except for the XD. i am looking to make all of my handguns as much the same as possible for familiarity.

i have read reviews online about the Sig SP2022 and they say it is a great gun for the price (which is several hundred less than the P226) from what ive seen. they also say the reliability and shootability is exact with Sig's reputation i've also heard they have discontiuned the SP2022 for the P250 series. i was wondering if anyone has experience with the SP2022 and what you thought about it? Should i pick up an SP2022 since they are on bargain price with everyone trying to move them out of the shop to make room for the P250 or should i hold out and get a Sig Sauer P226? Thanks!

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I was looking for one awhile back and was also told by many that they were discontinued. I called Sig and got it straight from them, they said it is not. They are alittle hard to find, at least in my area, which is partially why i ended up with a P250. They are still around and in production from what i was told though. Hope this helps, good luck!

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I was looking for one awhile back and was also told by many that they were discontinued. I called Sig and got it straight from them, they said it is not. They are alittle hard to find, at least in my area, which is partially why i ended up with a P250. They are still around and in production from what i was told though. Hope this helps, good luck!

Interesting thanks! maybe they were refering to the Sig Pro DAO fire control housing to be discontinued instead of the pistol itself

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I owned the 2022 and also the 2009, both in 9mm. They are basically the same pistol, but the 2022 was more of an updated model. Anyway, I loved the 2022. It was accurate, 100% reliable, comes with factory night sights. It was a comfortable pistol to shoot in my opinion.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I have one that I carry every day and it is a great weapon! Very accurate and feels good in the hand! I have the older model with the Sig proprietary rail and one of the new ones with the 1913 Milspec picatinny rail and E2 style grips that I carry as an EDC. I picked off a skunk the other day at 60 yards with mine,lol. What was it specifically did you want to know about it? They are still in production but were discontinued for a few months until they had a new government contract and they brought it back with upgrades.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have one that I carry every day and it is a great weapon! Very accurate and feels good in the hand! I have the older model with the Sig proprietary rail and one of the new ones with the 1913 Milspec picatinny rail and E2 style grips that I carry as an EDC. I picked off a skunk the other day at 60 yards with mine,lol. What was it specifically did you want to know about it? They are still in production but were discontinued for a few months until they had a new government contract and they brought it back with upgrades.

What I was most curious in was whether the quality, accuracy, reliability, and shootability was the same or very comparable to the sig 226 or 229. I am wanting a 2022 in 9mm, same as my xd9. Also, how does it do in conceal carry?

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I cc using a Crossbreed supertuck and it carries great! They have the same Sig reliability, quality, and the same cold hammer forged barrels that Sig is known for. The new version has the E2 style grips and the 1913 rail instead of the old Sig proprietary rail so you have more options when it comes to lights/lasers/etc. I highly reccomend the 2022! I have NEVER had any problems fron any of my Sigs!

Top Bottom