• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Templar21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Lake County
    I recently purchased a used SIG Sauer P229R. Its the first gun I have ever purchased. The front sight is a nightsight, but the back sight seems to be standard.

The previous owner seems to have attempted to either adjust or take out the back sight. Its moved over to the right, which totally throws everything off when I take it to the range.

My question, as a gun newbie, is... how to I adjust the sights so they are reliable for finding a target? Should I purchase completely new sights and have someone install them for me?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    ...as a gun newbie.....

I would either take it to a gun shop near you and have them do it or, probably even better, spend $139 plus round-trip shipping and send it to Sig for their service package for used guns. They'll clean the gun, replace all the springs, replace any small parts that need done (roll pins, etc.), and they replace the sights with night sights (you can request that they leave the rear sight contrast or have them replace both.)

Click the link at the bottom of the page: http://www.sigsauer.com/CustomerService/CustomShopPrice.aspx

Last edited:

Templar21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Lake County
    I would either take it to a gun shop near you and have them do it or, probably even better, spend $139 plus round-trip shipping and send it to Sig for their service package for used guns. They'll clean the gun, replace all the springs, replace any small parts that need done (roll pins, etc.), and they replace the sights with night sights (you can request that they leave the rear sight contrast or have them replace both.)

Click the link at the bottom of the page: SIG Custom Shop Price List

Damn. That's a great suggestion. I think I will do just that. Thanks. I appreciate it.

AF Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    North East, Indiana
    I just got mine back from sig and it shoots to the right, so I'm in the same boat and need to move the rear site. So I'll it myself and either use a brass punch or pick up a pusher.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Where is all of the self suffiency these days...dang. No need to pay for new sights if that isn't something you want, and $130+ WOW. Clean the gun yourself for free, you should learn how to do this anyways. No parts need to be replaced on a Sig until something breaks or you have many many thousands of rounds through it, then it will need a new recoil spring(the one around the barrel).

What you need is a vice, hammer, and a brass punch.

Take off slide and take out barrel and springs. Wrap vice in soft cloth and put slide in vice. Use brass punch to move the rear sight left or right as needed(move the rear sight the direction you want the bullet to move at the target). When you're done, use some solvent and a rag to clean off any brass that might show on the sight.

There, done :)

Top Bottom