SilencerCo Raises Prices 8% & Now Suggests SOT's Buy From Wholesalers.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Get ready for it, it is the wave of the future it seems...

If base price is raised 8% and another middle man is added into the equation then I don't think I have to tell you the end results.

I was pretty put out by this today when I was informed by SilencerCo. It tells me "Sorry kid, but we are too busy to mess with you."

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I haven't bothered with them since the beginning because they were in way over there head to from the start. Even then, non of the distro's I know have the cans yet.

Sparky03

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    Lebanon IN
    Sorry to hear about this i really like my osprey that i got from ssnfa, sounds like growing pains of a company in corporate america.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    I will pay for quality products no matter how much they go up! The price of raw materials is going up all across the board. I am a cnc machinist/cnc programmer and i also order tooling....I was just informed the other day, that carbide was going up %14 in august after a recent %6 increase this pat may! Silencerco makes a quality product and i will continue to support them!

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Get ready for it, it is the wave of the future it seems...

If base price is raised 8% and another middle man is added into the equation then I don't think I have to tell you the end results.

I was pretty put out by this today when I was informed by SilencerCo. It tells me "Sorry kid, but we are too busy to mess with you."

It's sad to say the least when companies get to big to deal with the "little guy". I had to get my SS Sparrows from a dealer down south getting out of the game when Silencerco told me to wait a year! They make a good product I will give them that, and their customer service has been top of the shelf. But if raising the prices and adding another middle man is their answer...well I hope it works out for them. :rolleyes:

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Hmm ... I was considering a Sparrow or Osprey after my first can gets in. We'll have to see what things are like at that point.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    I bought my sparrow through the middle man along with another can. Saved $ 250 off retail and no sales tax. I have to pay $100 transfer (total) fee but in the end I believe this was the smallest hit to my pocket book. Ymmv

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I bought my sparrow through the middle man along with another can. Saved $ 250 off retail and no sales tax. I have to pay $100 transfer (total) fee but in the end I believe this was the smallest hit to my pocket book. Ymmv

I don't think we are talking about the same kind of middle man. A true distributor won't sell to you as a consumer. They will only act as a middle man between manufacturer and a dealer which will cause the final price to be higher.

If yours is the old style I am guessing you bought one that a dealer was trying to close out so he could get the new ones in, and if yours is a new SS one and you are saying you bought it for $250 ($250 off retail) then I am guessing he isn't going to be a dealer for long. :twocents:

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    I don't think we are talking about the same kind of middle man. A true distributor won't sell to you as a consumer. They will only act as a middle man between manufacturer and a dealer which will cause the final price to be higher.

If yours is the old style I am guessing you bought one that a dealer was trying to close out so he could get the new ones in, and if yours is a new SS one and you are saying you bought it for $250 ($250 off retail) then I am guessing he isn't going to be a dealer for long. :twocents:

By what combat was saying up top I thought they were going to use major malfunction as the distributor. That's where I got mine. I got $100 of retail on the sparrow SS can and $150 off retail on the 762 Sd. No local dealers had any sparrow ss in stock and the back order time was supposedly a millennium or 2. The major was the only game in town if I wanted to get it in my grubby little paws before 2012.

Kenny_S

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Here is the bottom line. We have more direct business than we are administratively set up to handle. We view the wholesale distributer as a key partner who can facilitate us getting product into the hands of our dealers and end use customers faster and less expensively.

Our delivery times in general have sucked all year. Actually, they havent been good since the introduction of the s/s 22sparrow. We have been running between 8-12 months for deliveries to dealers who havent prebooked monthly orders for a 12 month period.

What good does it do for a dealer or end use customer to only be able to get our products every 8 - 12 months? It makes business impossible and frustrates customers.

The addition of wholesalers to our dealer and distribution strategy started to occur in january of this year. We are just now filling the first of those orders, with M3 and acusport IN STOCK on 22 sparrow and hopefully soon on the Ospreys.

It is true that we have had to have a dealer price increase for the first time EVER We have doubled our production capacity, added new employees and generally grown our business. The cost of raw materials has gone up. That costs money, everything goes up. That being said, the net cost to dealers, since one of our formerly direct dealers felt the need to publish the pricing in a public forum, has actually gone down.....

Yes, that is correct. Buying from one of our authorized wholesalers is actually less expensive per suppressor than it was to buy directly from us a year ago.

Wholesalers who buy products by the several hundred every month get better pricing. No big secret there. Our wholesalers (acusport/M3) have agreed to pass the savings on to our dealers and the net cost to a dealer has actually dropped vs. Buying cans one at a time from us, EVEN COMPARED to last years pre increase pricing. Ain't capitalism great!

Because we can forecast demand better and we have prebooked orders every month from our wholesalers, we can deliver to them on a monthly schedule. As I said, the orders we are filling now were placed in january around shot show. Both our wholesalers are now in stock on sparrow and will be soon on the osprey.

So in short these moves have made it advantageous for lower volume dealers to buy from our wholesalers, instead of buying direct from us. This has actually lowered their price and cut their delivery times drastically, in the case of the sparrow , down to form 3 length instead of 8-12 months from the factory.

So lower price and better delivery for the dealer and customers. I view both of those things as positives for our business, our dealers and end use customers.

We are always available for either direct dealers or dealers who buy through wholesalers to help in any way or answer any questions. Customer service is our primary goal and will remain so.

If someone has problems with paying less and getting faster deliveries. I cant imagine why.

The industry is changing and we are certainly going through growing pains. We are meeting those changes and challenges head on and trying to find creative, innovative solutions just as we do in designing and manufacturing suppressors.

I am happy to discuss this or any other topic, my contact info is below. I would prefer that people receive their information on our internal policies and dealer programs from US rather than second hand.

801-417-5384

Last edited:

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Acusport will not deal with anyone that doesn't have a store front.

Talked with Allison from Acusportthis morning about signing up with them. I explained to her we operate out of a "finished" building on our property. She said she would have her boss review my photo's and info again. This will be my 3rd attempt, guess maybe I can wear them out with asking.;)

But yes, Acusport won't mess with a "non" store front guy small time shop. :xmad:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom