• ...and so much more!
  • loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I was on the Shut Up and Hold On tour. It was a highlight of my audio career. And a real pleasure to tour with such a patriotic American. The highlight of every night of that tour was his encore where he would invite any military, police, first responders, (in the Toby voice) fair fighters ETC on stage. Toby didn't travel with us, so I didn't get to engage with him much. He would fly in a couple hours before the show and fly back home shortly afterwards. But I got to gig in some great places. Thank you and rest in peace Toby!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    About 23 years ago, I worked a part time gig at venue where put on a concert. After the show, he came out and socialized. We (a group of us) drank beer, ate pizza and shot pool for a few hours before he had to hit the road. Truly a patriotic American who genuinely seemed to enjoy putting on a show and being with The People. R.I.P. Toby

Reactions: KG1

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    RIP Toby. I like his music and enjoyed a couple of his concerts in Tinley Park Il. I also enjoyed a cheeseburger and jack n coke in his bar at Harrahs Las Vegas. He will be missed.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah, I saw a recent YT interview and he was talking about the chance of doing some appearances, but he was looking very gaunt though in the interview that I had seen. In the interview he also spoke about having come to terms with his cancer and that what will be will be.

RIP Toby.
    This is the interview that I saw. Toby was a courageous soul who is in a better place now and it was his strong faith that he speaks of which carried him there throughout it all. He is an inspiration. The entire interview runs about an hour, but it is worth the watch if you have the time. He also has a number of stories about his musical journey from where it all began.

Last edited:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    And to think... I've been 62 for 1 week now.:(
    Ha, I turn 62 in March.

I'm mostly a classic album rock guy, but when Toby Keith was on Bob & Tom, it was a great listen. I remember laughing out loud in traffic downtown as he sang (to the tune of East Bound & Down) "Her yeast count is down.....and so's her hemoglobin...." That's all I remember. And my favorite as Coop said "I'll Never Smoke Weed with Willy Again"

RIP

Top Bottom