Sitting Bull’s Winchester Model 1876 Lever Gun Is Set for Auction This Week.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    A- How absolutely ephing cool would it be to own this relic? Way ephing cool!
    B- Would you actually shoot it if you bought it? Man, I dunno.... It's described as functional but rough condition. At $40-60k I don't know if I could bring myself to actually pull the trigger.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    A- How absolutely ephing cool would it be to own this relic? Way ephing cool!
    B- Would you actually shoot it if you bought it? Man, I dunno.... It's described as functional but rough condition. At $40-60k I don't know if I could bring myself to actually pull the trigger.
    You could set up at Gun shows and charge people $5 to just hold it for a minute

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    What an amazing piece of history that would be to hold.

I have an ancestor that survived one of Sitting Bull's most famous battles; Battle of The Little Big Horn. He was within earshot of Custer when Custer stated his last known words...."Holy ****, look at all them Indians!"
    Even your forefathers spoke in asterisks, the ****** nut didn't fall far from the ******* tree.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Fun fact (at least to me):

When I was a kid, my grandfather talked from time to time about Geronimo and the stories he would read about him in the news (along with other historical events). When I did the math, I figured out that the last years of Geronimo's life overlapped the early years of my grandfather's life by several years.

History always seemed pretty "close" when I realized my grandfather lived during the same time as Geronimo. That epiphany gave me a much different perspective on the world when I was growing up.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Fun fact (at least to me):

When I was a kid, my grandfather talked from time to time about Geronimo and the stories he would read about him in the news (along with other historical events). When I did the math, I figured out that the last years of Geronimo's life overlapped the early years of my grandfather's life by several years.

History always seemed pretty "close" when I realized my grandfather lived during the same time as Geronimo. That epiphany gave me a much different perspective on the world when I was growing up.
    My maternal grandfather was born toward the end of Geronimo's most active period (born in 1879). He passed in 1972 and I often wish I'd have had the forethought to talk to him more and ask him questions. But he was stone deaf, and was a big fan of professional wrestling so I don't know what kind of stories he'd have had to tell. :): Mom's side of the family were kind of from the "wrong side of the tracks" compared to Dad's side.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    What an amazing piece of history that would be to hold.

I have an ancestor that survived one of Sitting Bull's most famous battles; Battle of The Little Big Horn. He was within earshot of Custer when Custer stated his last known words...."Holy ****, look at all them Indians!"

Yeah....but he wasn't a soldier.
    I have it on good authority that your ancestor had the beer and brat concession at the battle.

VostocK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    I'll be stunned if that thing brings less than six figures at auction. But then again the Pawn Stars cast might show up and end up convincing the auction house to sell it for $40. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    Anyone see what this went for? The auction site locked up on me and I haven't been able to find the final price. Just curious.
    Thanks,
    Tim

Top Bottom