• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Anyone have experience with skunks? I've been smelling one the past few evenings. I'd like to run it off before it makes a home nearby. I was told years ago by a CO that there is no way to kill one without it spraying. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I was told years ago by a CO that there is no way to kill one without it spraying. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Napalm// shouldn't smell bad at all, in fact, "it smells like,,, like,, victory"..

Other than that I.D.K.

I got one in my live trap last summer kinda by accident.. That thing was a real bitch to let go at 5am on my way out for the day.. but we somehow managed without getting sprayed..

A family friend back east does pest control, that crazy fooker traps them and puts'em in his van to haul away from peoples houses..

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Napalm// shouldn't smell bad at all, in fact, "it smells like,,, like,, victory"..

Other than that I.D.K.

I got one in my live trap last summer kinda by accident.. That thing was a real bitch to let go at 5am on my way out for the day.. but we somehow managed without getting sprayed..

A family friend back east does pest control, that crazy fooker traps them and puts'em in his van to haul away from peoples houses..

I guess, if there was no other alternative, a "Have-a-Heart" would be worth a try. Some tips from "that crazy fooker" would be awful handy, if it came to that.

One way or another, thank you very much. You've reminded me that I know a guy that used to be in the pest removal biz.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Make sure you're not enticing them to hang around with pet food left outside. Especially cat food. That stuff is like skunk crank.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you get them in a livetrap. cover it with an old blanket then you can move the trap without the skunk spraying. good luck getting it out...lol

If you have a deck close off all the opening where one might be able to squeeze into.

keep pet food inside
    keep the garage door closed
    keep trash cans closed up tight

.22lr with a suppressor?

Top Bottom