• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    How many Tandems before you can jump by yourself?

It's been a while for me, but tandems are not required. I believe there are two options: jumping with two coaches and static line. I went the 5 static line jump option rather than paying for three jumpers.

I actually enjoyed the static line jumps quite a bit more because I had to get out of the airplane, make my way to the end of the wing, and hang there until the jumpmaster gave the go command.

Last edited:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    It's been a while for me, but tandems are not required. I believe there are two options: jumping with two coaches and static line. I went the 5 static line jump option rather than paying for three jumpers.

I actually enjoyed the static line jumps quite a bit more because I had to get out of the airplane, make my way to the end of the wing, and hang there until the jumpmaster gave the go command.

I’m not sure I would like the “hanging out on the wing” part...

iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    I wanted to make it my summer goal to try aff there. I'm okay with paying a little extra and sitting for awhile in a class to jump by myself the first time. It seems like it would be awesome. I'm glad to hear greensburg has a good rep since that was where i was going to try.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    I jumped at Greensburg last summer. we jumped tandem at 13,000. Also, if you guys get enough people together (4 or more i think) they start giving group discounts. We had 7 jump in our group and it ended up costing us $180 a person for a tandem jump. Plus they give you a coupon for your next jump thats $99 IIRC. If you're thinking about doing it, DO IT!! no other feeling like it in the world.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I would have to imagine that touching down(unharmed) would have to be one of the single greatest feelings a person could have...I would have to guess(if I could muster up the guts to do it) that it would rank #2 on my list right behind the birth of my son.

For me, landing unharmed the first few times was less overwhelming than checking my risers and canopy and finding that everything had worked correctly. After that, it's just an easy, slow glide and gravity takes care of nearly everything. There is no feeling like standing in the door or hanging on the side of an aircraft, then jumping. Yes, I'll say it, better than sex.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    For me, landing unharmed the first few times was less overwhelming than checking my risers and canopy and finding that everything had worked correctly. After that, it's just an easy, slow glide and gravity takes care of nearly everything. There is no feeling like standing in the door or hanging on the side of an aircraft, then jumping. Yes, I'll say it, better than sex.

LOL

Longer lasting for me

Lol

Top Bottom