• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I went shooting Saturday and took my Remington R1 1911. While shooting for a few hours when the mag. was empty the slide would close again as if a live round was chambered. The first time I started to handle it as a misfire until I found out that it was empty. It did it a few times while was shooting it then did it while a friends son was shooting it. This is a new gun and only the second time its been out to the shooting range. If anybody has any ideas as why it might be doing it I would greatly appreciate it, and like I said it didnt do it all the time.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My guess is either hitting the slide release or it is the follower in the mag. Like said above, is this happening with only one mag or more than one? Good luck and hope you can figure it out. :ingo:

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    Thanks for the responses. I cant say for sure that Im not riding the slide release. The mags are brand new and are the two that came with the gun. I didnt think about marking the magazine when it had the problem to see if it was doing it on the same mag or both. Will have to remember that the next time.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    If the mags have a follower that is a flat flap of metal, take a pliers and give them a little bend up. Also try mags of a known brand, Wilson, McCormick, Mec Gar, and give them a whirl.

Top Bottom