Slow surfing with Internet Explorer 8? Try this.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hi guys and girls;

I 've been having problems with very slow surfing and sometimes stopping my web pages with Internet Explorer 8 to the point that I wanted to throw out my laptop, but, my other computers were doing just fine. So I knew something had gotten into I.E. 8 and was slowing it down.
    Well, I finally found the fix and it might help you if you're having similar problems. Try it, it doesn't seem to disrupt your normal surfing.

Go to the far, top right of your I.E. 8 screen. There you will find a (Tools) button, click on it and then click on (Internet options) at the bottom. Now click on the (Advanced) tab at the far top right of the page. Now on the bottom far right of the screen click on (reset). This will reset I.E. 8 to the default settings like the day you installed it.

My laptop is again running like the day it was new. There are things like tracking software and spyware that get onto I.E. 8 from time to time and you need to clean it off.

Have a great day, all.

10mm, when you care enough tosend the very best.

RyanV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    La Porte County
    Chrome is superior to IE, Firefox isn't bad either. I get so frustrated on my work computer because they don't let us use any other browser but IE.

Top Bottom