• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I'm looking for a place to start competition shooting, my nearest 3-gun range is the atlanta conservation club (to my knowledge-40 mins away) i'm wondering if there are any Smallbore rifle competitions going on near indianapolis. thanks!

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    A 3-gun match is NOT a smallbore competition in any way, shape or form. Just because they have 3-gun matches doesn't mean they don't do other kinds also. ACC has a full range of shooting conventions including IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge, SASS and ICORE to name a few.

If you are looking for smallbore competitions specifically (meaning .22 caliber), here's one. >> Danville Conservation Club
    Google and Yahoo are your friends.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    A 3-gun match is NOT a smallbore competition in any way, shape or form. Just because they have 3-gun matches doesn't mean they don't do other kinds also. ACC has a full range of shooting conventions including IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge, SASS and ICORE to name a few.

If you are looking for smallbore competitions specifically (meaning .22 caliber), here's one. >> Danville Conservation Club
    Google and Yahoo are your friends.

I'm well aware sir! I'm getting into 3-gun by starting with smallbore, then 2-gun, then 3-gun.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    semi auto carbine smallbore. IIRC there are AR-15 only competitions out there called smallbore?
    Smallbore.jpg

Here is an example of smallbore shooters in the offhand position.

Now, are you looking for run and gun type shooting with your ar carbine?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    smallbore usually = rimfire.
    you might start looking for "highpower" matches. many of the same clubs will hold both, so the links given above are still valid...

Is this more what you area looking for?
    How To Get Started|High Power Rifle Competition

NRA National Defense Matches are pretty fun. I did one of those once. It's a little more accepting of different gear than highpower is (ie I was able to use my 3-gun rifle w/ comp, 1-4 optic, etc).

-rvb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    smallbore usually = rimfire.
    you might start looking for "highpower" matches. many of the same clubs will hold both, so the links given above are still valid...

Is this more what you area looking for?
    How To Get Started|High Power Rifle Competition

NRA National Defense Matches are pretty fun. I did one of those once. It's a little more accepting of different gear than highpower is (ie I was able to use my 3-gun rifle w/ comp, 1-4 optic, etc).

-rvb

yeah that sounds about right. Thanks!

Top Bottom