• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2500ekW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Zionsville
    I carry in my left front pocket and require knives that I can open with my left hand. I've got a Benchmade Auto Mini Presido now, and while I love it, many social situations call for something smaller. I would love to find an auto roughly the size of the SOG Flash I. Cannot be a safe queen... It will get used. No price limit. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I've seen that one, but I couldn't tell if the pocket clip flips sides for left pocket carry.

The UTX-70's pocket clip can be flipped from what is considered the back of the knife to the front side. This will give you two different carry options. The blade opening will still be in the down position for both options, but flipping the clip allows you to position the firing button in a position to your liking. The problem is, you the have to have a special tool (small tri wing bit) to change the clip position, and you just can't go to a hardware store to purchase one. I have most of the special tools that are required to service Microtech knives on hand.

2500ekW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Zionsville
    Any side opening suggestions? I'd be able to live with a button for right handed opening, but the clip has to be reversible for left pocket.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Any side opening suggestions? I'd be able to live with a button for right handed opening, but the clip has to be reversible for left pocket.

I really like the Protech Newport model. It has a slim profile with a 3" blade.....about the size of a Kershaw Leek. I sell a lot of these to guys who have to wear suits and dress pants for work. It is very pocket friendly and doesn't scare the sheep when you pull it out for use. ProTech Knives - Newport Knives

Another option is the Protech Runt J4 model. It is very small and pocket friendly. ProTech Knives - Runt J4

These two models would work well, but you can not reverse the clip on these two models.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom